View Poll Results: What is better to you?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • More seeders with an average speed

29 53.70%
  • Less seeders, but with 100mb/s connections.

25 46.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is better more seeders, or less seeders with faster speeds.

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    People don't download that much due to content. When you can find the same content on 11 different trackers, it doesn't give a user much incentive to download. Even on a site with no ratio system. I do feel as though having a tracker with alot of seeders is what is most important. Content is first choice but the options given are more seeders with a slower speed or less seeders with a faster speed. I pick the former. Slower speeds with lots of seeders.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    People don't download that much due to content. When you can find the same content on 11 different trackers, it doesn't give a user much incentive to download. Even on a site with no ratio system. I do feel as though having a tracker with alot of seeders is what is most important. Content is first choice but the options given are more seeders with a slower speed or less seeders with a faster speed. I pick the former. Slower speeds with lots of seeders.
    Ya, see I cant force people to download in order to create more seeders.

Pre times under 5 minutes for movies, under 2 minutes for tv shows, yet people still dont download.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Because it has content that can be found anywhere else. I barely download anything from FTN, FSC or iTS. I post on their forums more then i download anything. Especially iTS. They barely have anything a far as content right now. Love their forums and community spirit though. It just needs time in the content department to develop.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    slau's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Because it has content that can be found anywhere else. I barely download anything from FTN, FSC or iTS. I post on their forums more then i download anything. Especially iTS. They barely have anything a far as content right now. Love their forums and community spirit though. It just needs time in the content department to develop.
    I only like the packs in ScT

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by slau View Post
    I only like the packs in ScT
    Yes great packs. Downloaded like 30 of them, when they had free leech in December.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Well, lots of seeders and quite a few with seedboxes... lol

Seriously, also like when a torrent has lots of seeders for the obvious reason that it is likely to live longer.

Worst case scenario is a tracker with few users, lots of them with seedboxes and u not having one...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    "More seeders with an average speed"

This way people with slow connections can seed back.
    Live long and prosper.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    There needs to be a balance, because most site are run on the ratio system. Otherwise, more seeders makes more sense.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    more peers with average speed looks like a better ideea, otherwise it's like ftn, fresh torrent with high speed , after a couple of days it's left with 1 - 3 seeders that give you 40- 60 kilo at a 10 GB pack, which will make you download it somewhere else. But if it's like sct, where you get dozens of peers/torrent ,you get seedboxes running for a few days and then there are still dozens of home-lines that seed the torrent for months and combined also give you a high speed

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    More seeders with an average speed

1, 100mbit users , mostly seedbox users wont bother to keep the torrent seeding for longer time due to hdd space etc

2, i want to get nice speeds from older torrents .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast