Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conan the Barbarian [2011]

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Coulda sworn there was a thread on this, but search couldn't find it...

Nevertheless, this looks horrible. Too bad Arnold isn't making a cameo to kill this Conan.

Imma still check this out, but extremely low expectations.

Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm fine with the movie being remade. I'm fine with the movie staying truer to the dialogue from the stories.

I'm not fine with every single movie that comes out these days, especially those that take place centuries ago, having seemingly every character in the film possessing bad-ass mofo, ninja-like, martial arts skills.

yo

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I loved the original despite the plot being silly , the height of Arnold's acting was when he punched a camel ,James Earl Jones in a Fright wig , the henchmen being bodybuilding friends , power-lifters and ex-football players with corresponding talent, wanting to kill Mako etc. etc etc.

In that light if this film can stay sufficiently hard ass in this age of PG- 13 , the swordplay isn't laughable , there are a babe or three wearing less clothes than makes sense and the soundtrack is anywhere near as rousing (probably not possible ) then I don't see how Conan 2011 should necessarily pale by comparison.

Especially if you factor Conan the Destroyer into the equation (Wilt the Stilt and Grace Jones )

That said whoever thought it was a good idea to make new Conan more ninja than walking tank should be tied to a wheel and forced to march in circles for 20 years.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I now remember seeing something that said [someone] would be playing the new Conan, but I was so uninspired that I had forgotten it completely when my wife asked me if I had heard of a new CTB coming out. It took seeing the guy, in the actual preview to even jog my memory.

That said, if no one mentioned it was a new Conan movie, and we weren't reminded like 8 times that he is, actually playing the part, I would not have guessed that is what the movie was supposed to be.

Please remind me when a decent DVD rip comes available, so I don't miss this "gem". *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    You mean blu-ray ,preferably iTunes , don't you ?

Btw whether movies like this "work " or not is mostly dependent on whether you "wish" you were the character ....or not.

Also I'm waiting on Red Sonja as hardly anything beats a sword wielding redhead in a steel bikini .
    A sword wielding redhead in a steel bikini who isn't Brigitte Nielsen of course .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-07-2011 at 12:32 AM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    You mean blu-ray ,preferably iTunes , don't you ?

Btw whether movies like this "work " or not is mostly dependent on whether you "wish" you were the character ....or not.

Also I'm waiting on Red Sonja as hardly anything beats a sword wielding redhead in a steel bikini .
    A sword wielding redhead in a steel bikini who isn't Brigitte Nielsen of course .
    I believe this will only come out on DVD- of course, it will be a DVD that tries really hard to look like it's a Blu-Ray. Only difference is it lacks that ability to lift the hefty 5GB, and merely presses 700MB. Think of it as the Conan Lite DVD.

As for, Brigitte Nielsen and Red Sonja... I never got the "sex appeal" of her, nor the character- especially not as it was presented in that movie.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I dunno maybe ask Cabalo ?

Btw next time I say "they don't make movies like they use to" remind me of this.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I imagine that Cabalo gets so testosterone driven by a Stalone movie that even Brigitte looks sexy.

Vid #2: I believe my mind has shielded me from that experience- sort of a protection from traumatic events. Hopefully, that protection will kick in again VERY soon.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Back on topic, I would have cast Stallone as the new Conan .Sure he's a little old but at least he's believable as a none too bright barbarian .

Yo Adrien ,you seen that sword Krom gave me anyplace?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Jason Momoa as Conan? WTF were they thinking!!!??

IRC, Conan's favorite weapon was a battle-axe if they want to stay true to the stories. "Join the Barbarian Army", shouldn't that be "Join the Barbarian Horde"?

Anyway looks like it is going to be another failed attempt at a remake or redo or whatever the fuck you wanna call it.

Personally I didn't think the original Conan the Barbarian was bad. Now that is a different story for Destroyer. It was over the top silly.

One of my favorite lines

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    Last edited by sandman_1; 05-07-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast