Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts about invites to high level trackers

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    RevTT is a nice site but compared to TL it's lame, staff there keeps sending massages ALL THE TIME with this lottery thing which of course is like telling the users "hey we want more money give it to us, well ? come on ?
    so RevTT is lame compared to TL just becuase they sending PM abouth donations??

"hey we want more money give it to us, well ? come on ?
    yea that is only your opinion whose of course its not correct...true like anyother site they send sometimes pm for donations but only if there are special double donations..and also by that they helping users to buy 2x GB for prize of one if they have low ratio..i dont see nothing bad in that..also most 99% of files that are on TL u can find on RevTT and conversely..

btw RevTT have more torrents then TL

but i like both sites

as i one time said TB,RevTT and TL are like 3 bigbrothers in torrent world

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Forumas i didn't even bother to pay attention that members statement. I wouldn't bother. Anybody who is a member at Revtt knows the tracker is not lame (unless they got warned or banned).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    For example... I keep reading about FTN here and on other forums. I am not a FTN member and I can say anything good or bad about this tracker, but it seems that there are certain members who are not so happy with what's going on there. And I am not talking only about community, I keep reading posts that say there are not many leechers there.
    Maybe it's not a general feeeling, but only a vocal minority. Maybe also other trackers have the same situation, not just FTN.
    I don't see how a person can complain about there being no leechers since there is no ratio on FTN and they only have to share it back for I think only 72 hours to fit the requirement.
    36 hrs to be accurate and as DKre8ive1 said is why should any one complain about no leecher in ratio free site. My guess is that those who complain are epenis people and care about upload so they can put "FTN Elite" on their userbar?

Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    On iTS (where I am member)for example, in forums you can read almost everyday posts complaining about the lack of leechers.
    Since I am not a member on there I have no idea what system they use so I can only make a suggestion that they use a time seeding ratio to help out with the lack of leechers then people will be less scared to grab a torrent.
    iTS is ratio free as well....it's just that u have to seed 72 hrs.

@The Wanderer,

1. As DKre8ive1 said there is higher risk involved in inviting people u dunno...that applies for all site. But, when it comes to smaller community the rules are usually stricker...you can get banned if your invitee screws up and most of all there is no second change to get back in.

2. Who said u nobody trusts new user? I remember, not long ago, Brandon (FTN staffer) inviting two fresh guy (they had less than 150 post at that time). There were and still are plenty more people who have more post or rep points than those two. But because those 2 had a sincere request staffer himself fulfilled the request.

3. Most people here will NOT say "i invited this guy to lvl X tracker" for "high ups" coz even giveaway is against rule for majority (if not all) "high ups". They say "invite your friends only"...or even "do not make giveaway in public forum".

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    36 hrs to be accurate and as DKre8ive1 said is why should any one complain about no leecher in ratio free site. My guess is that those who complain are epenis people and care about upload so they can put "FTN Elite" on their userbar?
    Don't be too hard on the guy. I kinda agree myself though. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    2. Who said u nobody trusts new user? I remember, not long ago, Brandon (FTN staffer) inviting two fresh guy (they had less than 150 post at that time). There were and still are plenty more people who have more post or rep points than those two. But because those 2 had a sincere request staffer himself fulfilled the request.

3. Most people here will NOT say "i invited this guy to lvl X tracker" for "high ups" coz even giveaway is against rule for majority (if not all) "high ups". They say "invite your friends only"...or even "do not make giveaway in public forum".
    Both very good points as well. It's true. Most of my inviting i do through PM's only, if i feel a good member is deserving of an invite to a particular site. Most trackers do not one invites to their tracker advertised as squirrl3 said.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-07-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Some sites need new members to fuel its P2L policy. Some sites have no sense of community. Some sites disregard security. Some sites herd users like cattle.

Some sites were meant to be small. Some sites thrive being a community. Some sites are meant to care about its users security. Some sites dont care about numbers. Some sites focus on the quality of its members. Some sites were meant to be for its users.
    Proud Member of:

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    The fight club leader speaks. Sounds like real talk to me. Just like how we talk in the streets(at least where i come from).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    Some sites need new members to fuel its P2L policy. Some sites have no sense of community. Some sites disregard security. Some sites herd users like cattle.

Some sites were meant to be small. Some sites thrive being a community. Some sites are meant to care about its users security. Some sites dont care about numbers. Some sites focus on the quality of its members. Some sites were meant to be for its users.

Amen!
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    and some sites just want as many members to make the torrents live longer, be faster and become part of a great community that already exists.

just pointing out that not all sites that have huge numbers do it for the cash.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-08-2008 at 01:26 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ffs, had 10 minutes where it wouldnt take my post and i end up posting loads of replies.

sorry about that
    Last edited by stoi; 02-08-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast