Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My what.cd account just got disabled and i have no clue why.

hmm what.cd staff are usualy very nice. I guess they've been stressed lately

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well if you wanted to do that, you should have enabled logs in your client.

only other way is to copy 1 "page", paste it, scroll down, copy another "page" paste it etc etc

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    grimms, you should use a different username when you sign up to these kind of trackers.. it would avoid all that drama. i read your irc convo, and it looks like you didnt get the acct back? it ends on the cliffhanger of the 'story' lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    They banned me before i could respond but thats cool. Unfortunately i can no longer help people with invites only good advice. I try and respect and honor all the rules on my accounts but i guess it wasn't good enough for what.cd. I felt they were being bitter about it after trying to explain and defend myself at the same time. I'm such a noob on mirc also.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    They banned me before i could respond but thats cool. Unfortunately i can no longer help people with invites only good advice. I try and respect and honor all the rules on my accounts but i guess it wasn't good enough for what.cd. I felt they were being bitter about it after trying to explain and defend myself at the same time. I'm such a noob on mirc also.
    no, that's not the lesson to retain here:

rule of thumb: never EVER use the same nickname u use here at trackers. Even if you are a good member at the tracker, you will always be looked upon.

and now a question: why can't u any longer help people here? you chose nr2 on the conversation, so u got banned from one tracker. so what? they don't rule your life.

... or do they?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    and thats the luck of the draw, you just got some bad luck to get picked out
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo with invites. I respect rules my friend. I'm not scared(trust me i'm the rebellious type)but what.cd is a tracker, and i happened to overlook a very important rule and do feel as though it is their right to take action. they did. unfortunately I lost a very good valued account in the process. I also won't be doing giveaway's for the safety of my other accounts(they threatened to blacklist me, i take threats seriously). I will gladly help people with any advice, tips, suggestions. Unfortunately i won't be doing any more public giveaway's. Not cause i feel like the users here are(well so are) but due to the saftey and security of various trackers. Trackers are starting to come down harder and harder on users offering their invites and i don't want to feel anymore heat. I worked very hard to obtain the trackers i have. When i signed up here i was new to bt, plus i don't have any dishonest intentions. I like to help good people, i know i can come down tough on people at times but it's just for the good of the community. I'm far from perfect but just want to help. Just can't with invites in public.

Edit: also i have offered other invites to sites that are now stern on members that give their invites out in public. So for me to be 100% percent sue and safe, i will no longer do any public giveaway's. That means the bittorrent invite section.

Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    and thats the luck of the draw, you just got some bad luck to get picked out
    True. i can own up to the music though thats why i posted my exact mirc chat with them. I'm such a noob with mirc. I don't have anything bad to say about them though, i breached a rule and am paying for it (sucks too).
    Last edited by grimms; 02-10-2008 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    I fully agree. Never had a slightest problem with them, always very helpful and nice guys.

Quote Originally Posted by broomhead View Post
    hmm what.cd staff are usualy very nice.
    But never EVER use the same username at all the trackers. It's not only about that you can easily be tracked down but most important is a matter of security of your accounts.
    Live long and prosper.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    well i use the same username on most trackers, it's just forums that I'll pick something different.. It's not like all the private trackers' admin's are best friends and will gang up on you..

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Yea i'm learning the hard way. This is the thanks i get for trying to be helpful i guess(once again though i accept the consequences, rules are rules). I just know not the help people in public(That i is a good user).

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    well i use the same username on most trackers, it's just forums that I'll pick something different.. It's not like all the private trackers' admin's are best friends and will gang up on you..
    Never know you'll be surprised. Alot of the admins and mods know each other it's a very small world my friend.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-10-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast