Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millions Working As One Army

chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by DasScoot@1 August 2003 - 04:55
    Uh...by definition garage bands and indie groups are not part of the RIAA. Meaning if you're boycotting the RIAA, the only thing you would be buying is garage bands and indie groups. And indie groups make a much larger % on every album they sell than RIAA artists do, and garage bands make near 100% profit on every CD they manage to sell.

Fine, so garage bands that like living in dumpsters...
    But Metallica was a garage band once, now they are a whore of the RIAA.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    My definition of a garage band is a bunch of friends who play together, do an occasional gig in a local venue, and record and burn their own CDs. What's yours?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Hey guys...1st post on the boards..just dl K++ and lovin it!!

Anyway my name is Matt and I just wanted to vent about the RIAA assholes:

1st off: We all know what this is about, it's all money, like every friggin thing else. Like they dont have enough.
    This is all going in THIER pockets!

Okay but I have a lotta things to say. I am furious about this shit, this country has been draggin around people our age and this is where the line ends!!

As mentioned a gabillion times...lower cd prices to 8 or so $$ and watch the sales skyrocket!!

Most of the people in this country have dial up, you really think they wanna sit there and wait a half hour to dl a damn song?? They have to, cause of the damn prices. Most people aren't rich like you stuck up prick bastards are, so lay the fuck off. Did I mention how much money these so called "artists of music" are makin anyway. Enough to throw up on thats what. Greedy SOB's!!!!

Some more things:

Did they give a flying fuck when it was the early 90's and the whole country was taping songs off the radio and making mix tapes?? NOO!! Did they care when people were copying cassettes?? NOPE!!
    Now all of a sudden they caught a bug up there ass and started to harass us!

You stuck up, stiff, rich bastards can go roll in your filthy money!!
    Too many people to catch...too many programs....keep dreaming Retards In America Association!!

I think that was well put!!
    Time to boycott!!!

RIAA=OWN3D!!!!!! RIAA

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    1 more rant sorry lol:

These "artists" are just fuckin pricks. Whats the matter, they couldnt buy their 15th Bentley this year!

The couldnt afford their 26th home..aww poor things. They make too much money as is. All they do is friggin sing. If I got a nickel for everytime I sung in the shower Id have 15 bentleys and 26 houses too!!

Just like f'in actors...they make 2 million to stand in front of a camera and speak!! WOWO!! TALENT EH!!

Look at real peoples jobs:

Cops: putting their lives on the line for people like you and me and make a measly 55 K a year!!
    Factory Workers: They do all that work and what do they make??
    City Workers: All the work they do and they get shit for a salary....I think you get my drift.

You may respond and say that that is what a capitalist economy is all about(I am by no means against this country or the economy),

but, how much can file-sharing actually take away from their already disgusting profits?? It wont hurt. People have to go buy the cd's to get them on the network anyway!!

So just shut up Retards In America Association

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    ITS NOT THE SMALL BANDS AND ARTISTS MUSIC THAT THEY ARE PURSUING I SUGGEST U TAKE A DEEPER LOOK INTO THIS SUBJECT

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    This what I want to tell the RIAA, aligned profiteers and supporters;

It's my computer, these files are mine, how I got them is none of your goddamn business. How I wish to distribute them in this particular community is also none of your business. This is like a tribal city, where most everbody likes to share.
    That's the whole point.
    I'm not bootlegging Butt Rocker Inc's "copyrighted" track for a profit to some naive fan. And I'm not broadcasting it over the airwaves continuously ten times every motherfucking hour. I'm in a community of consensual give and take, nobody made me join, nobody forces me to share, I give what I want and I take what I want, my choice. If people want what I'm offering, that's their business, I'm not making them take it. And I'm not dictating such and such a price for such and such content to some poor bastard I don't even know!!!!

Look around, money is a fetish.
    How much does a computer cost? It depends right, well, they're not as expensive as they once were, but then again, whole populations of people all over the globe can't afford enough food much less a bottom dog pc. And still, you want my miserable 24 cents a song, you want $16.99 for a cd I only want half of, hell, not even half, one third!!!!

And as far as being labelled a pirate, criminal, and thief goes...... prove it.
    Did you physically see me nab The DirtyAssFuckers from that $4.89 bin over there?
    Did the surveillance camera capture images of me lifting Nasty Nasty Orangutan's new cd Banana's Are For Fuckin' Suckers?
    No, I didn't think so.
    So, I don't have a copy of that cd for these songs in my house... I borrowed it, I gave it away, I threw it away!!!!
    Where's your case against me? Where's the beef!!!!!?

Oh, and I almost forgot, Joe Blow and The 8 Bit Ho's are pulling all records, tapes, and cd's. They're ceasing all production until the arbitration is settled. Hmm, that's too bad seeing as how they were the only music, ever. They were all I ever knew. Without them around it's nothing but atmospheric buzz.
    And, they're taking all musical instuments with them so we can't sing and play tribute songs. And they're also taking our brains so we won't create new instruments.
    Oh well, truth is, I never liked them any damn way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12