Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Careful when clicking links or sending mails

Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thx Cabalo for the info good thing you post this cuz there are lost of scammers !!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    That's pretty pathetic. Watch out for the script kiddies hidden in well-concealed links. I've seen people compromise their real name and school email on another forum just this way.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

please, which staff member do i have to contact to check the dupe account that was created to try to frame me?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-report-section-72/

btw if you want to hide ur ip that bad, i think you should use some ip hiding software to browse these forum.

otherwise you are leaving ur ip trace by visiting a site, link, image or even contacting via email or IM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

please, which staff member do i have to contact to check the dupe account that was created to try to frame me?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-report-section-72/

btw if you want to hide ur ip that bad, i think you should use some ip hiding software to browse these forum.

otherwise you are leaving ur ip trace by visiting a site, link, image or even contacting via email or IM.
    i won't bother doing such a thing. got nothing to hide.
    thanx for the info, didn't remember checking there!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Speaking of IPs and forums. When someone has a little banner that shows your IP address etc, I assume they don't have a log of that, do they? That'd be an amazing invasion of privacy that seems to be tolerated on a lot of sites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, thanks a bunch for giving out my IP in public.
    You suck!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    thats happend here while ago some one sent pms to some members here at that time i was allowing to receive pms via email and i got hacked on many trackers i had some i got it back and the others just gone i still dont know how he stolen my passwords untell now but i think to use proxy is a safe option to u in public forum like here and if u will use avatar or add signture dont upload it with ur real ip also.

oh and to use proxy its dosent necessary mean u trying to hide something bad but u trying to hide ur privacy info here thats all...
    Last edited by supper; 02-14-2008 at 05:16 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    thats happend here while ago some one sent pms to some members here at that time i was allowing to receive pms via email and i got hacked on many trackers i had some i got it back and the others just gone i still dont know how he stolen my passwords untell now but i think to use proxy is a safe option to u in public forum like here and if u will use avatar or add signture dont upload it with ur real ip also.

oh and to use proxy its dosent necessary mean u trying to hide something bad but u trying to hide ur privacy info here thats all...
    hmm I will try enhance my own security. thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Yeah, thanks a bunch for giving out my IP in public.
    You suck!

LIAR, it's mine

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    nixonsparanoia's Avatar Poster
    How effective is the IP change I get when i restart my modem? Does it cycle through a limited number of IP addresses; meaning it will eventually return to the one that was banned or compromised? What sort of security does turning my modem on and off frequently provide?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast