Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Community Rep rank is no more...

BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    The Community Rep it was always something special in fst untell some of new noobs comers had the stars

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Adama's Avatar Xtreme User BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    good move

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i don't think .this will change anything
    any way,it's good to know

For Serving Community

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    thanks for letting us know, we will be missing them hopefully

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiantian View Post
    thanks for letting us know, we will be missing them hopefully
    No we won't, they are still here, just without the stars.
    It's every man for himself now (well not really) but that's the first impression you get by reading this.

Anyway this won't change common sense or the level of responsability of those involved in any way.
    Last edited by Horatiu; 02-19-2008 at 11:19 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Simply put. If you value your accounts do not do invite giveaways (Which I no longer do) or account trading and invite trading. Most won't listen to or heed these words, but if you want to be 100% safe and worry free. Don't trade or give and you'll be safe. But If you have to give away an invite, give it to SOMEONE you can TRUST.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-19-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Grimms, really let me be the Devil's advocate here. What are invites supposed to be for? To give them to some trustworthy people, I reckon. But if You are really honest with yourself, what are the chances that You meet Your real - life friends (with a long relationship) start talking torrent and give the invites to them? Chances are slim I must say. Instead You spend Your days here, getting friends here with people of the same interest. Even some kinda virtual friendship should evolve.
    And the end of the day You don't - You cannot ! - know anything about who's the person behind the nick You are talking with. Could be anybody. Then with this logic, the turnover of invites and the possibility of new, respectful members joining sites would tend to ZERO. This is a catch 22. The wisest thing would be to freeze ALL INVITES on ALL tracker, then it won't be a problem. You very rarely have a chance in life to build a trusty relationship by just via reading and replying comments, and thus You cannot trust anybody per definitionem. At least not by the definition of trackers regarding invite - rules. Then what?
    Last edited by Sylar666; 02-19-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    When i say do not do invite giveaway's i mean in public. Doing so discreetly through pm, with people you trust is fine and recommended. Also most sysop's, admins, and mods will tell you to do so (Trusted members of course). Account trading is a no-no at all times(Even discreetly through pm, unfortunately we all live in the real world and know traders trade through pm's the majority of the time). Once again i'm speculating, but i'm sure it's true. Money doesn't grow on trees, am i right? Sylar your right you can't truly trust anyone you don't personally know, but you have to use your gut instinct, intellect, and wisdom, to decide who you can trust. My whole don't bother me for invites sig, States not to bother me for an invite, unless i feel like you could be trusted, or i have faith that, i can instill enough trust in you, to invite you to a tracker i'm apart of. I just learned and now know invite giving away in public is unsafe and viral. I do not look down on those that do it though (It's your decision to want to change, i won't or can't make that decision for you).

Edit: It's funny though my best friend in "real life" is a member of fst. It is funny though. Found out recently, and did mention to him that fst is a good site and left it at that. But your right most real life friends are not that adept to torrenting at all.
    In some cases it is a catch22. Ask people on what.cd and pwt their views on this subject(They won't agree with the invite giveaway aspect like most trackers, now don't as well). Tracker staff would be better to answer this question then you or I. I'm not an admin, mod, or sysop. Hopefully a staff tracker member can answer this one? Break it down a little more for us all.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-19-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I am starting to struggle with understanding this as well lol

We have an external invites thread on BCG for PU and above only, No trading, only giveaways. and we have had loads of sites say they do not want their giveaways on there.

now this isnt a public site, its another tracker so if anyone is going to be hard done by its us, we can loose good users because they get invited to other sites, including PU, SPU and even uploaders.

But i do not see the point of trackers giving invites to members, if you cant even give them away to PU and above on another tracker, just doesnt make any sense to me at all lol.

Its getting to such an extent now, that we might as well just remove the forum, as there are going to be more trackers that we cant have invites for than those we can.

but whatever, its up to those trackers i suppose, but it is confusing the hell out of me thats for sure.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    ehhh, no biggie. It would have been nice for FST staff to have PM'd us regarding there change in position, but whatever. Most sites with an emphasis on security run a tight ship, so its water off our backs.
    Proud Member of:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast