2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@1 August 2003 - 11:59
    I never defrag My computer

BOT
    Why?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn+1 August 2003 - 19:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 1 August 2003 - 19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-[B
    [O][T],1 August 2003 - 11:59] I never defrag My computer&nbsp;

BOT
    Why? [/b][/quote]
    Yes,i would be interested to know why you never defrag.......

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I just set the auto-scheduler to defrag once a month through Norton. My system usually runs all night fridays performing scheduled tasks. Virus-scan, live update, system & registry check, etc... It starts at about 11:00pm and I just leave it alone. I tried using a couple of times while scanning or error checking or defragging, however my whimpy p4 1.7ghz slows to less than a crawl.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    defrag will not harm your hard drive in any way, also defrag in safe mode its more eefishunt if you use your pc during defrag the files you are using wont get defragd, and these are prob programs you use the most if you feel the need to keep using whilst its defragin, and though it will look like ya drive is in order it will ultimately be more fragmented than before.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by shn+1 August 2003 - 20:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 1 August 2003 - 20:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-[B
    [O][T],1 August 2003 - 11:59] I never defrag My computer&nbsp;

BOT
    Why? [/b][/quote]
    Idunno....I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve too, everything is running perfect....however I format My harddisk 1-2 times a year or so.

BOT

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Supernode's Avatar SWEDISH BT Rep: +1
    Stupid to not defrag, the best tweak of all.
    Why have an fragmented disk?
    Wank Wank
    Wont hurt, only

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    no arguments here&#33; defragin is a must, even more so when filesharing, windows is notorious for not putting things back where they should be, also manage your paging file yourself as this gets split up all over the drive, very inhefishunt innit, turn it off then restart in safe mode(f8 at boot) defrag then set start page file (or virtual memory) at say 1000mb and max page file at the same 1000mb this will keep your page file in the same place and constant and it wont fragment, much more hefishunt innit

if any1 wants a detailed step by step in how to do this i happy to oblige.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by Izagaia@1 August 2003 - 20:56
    I just set the auto-scheduler to defrag once a month through Norton. My system usually runs all night fridays performing scheduled tasks. Virus-scan, live update, system & registry check, etc... It starts at about 11:00pm and I just leave it alone. I tried using a couple of times while scanning or error checking or defragging.
    That&#39;s cool Izagaia, and that&#39;s a good idea too&#33;

I do all of the big projects (virus-scan, defraging both drives, download, etc) manually before I go to bed. That seems to be the most easiest way. While my monitor is off

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Defragging is a good thing.
    Using your pc while doing it has NO effect on the proces, but it has some on your programs that you use while running it. (it slows down)

But no real harm done when you do this tho..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast