Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help avoiding TL wait times

Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    fs wrong thread I'm such a noob sometime

Baby On The Way OMFG !

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by roderick View Post
    im trying the grab from another tracker and upload on TL but it's not seeding at all and still says "access denied - wait time in effect." any suggestions?
    Grab a torrent that is not wait time restricted, you still can't seed a new torrent if you are on wait times, as suggested - go back a page or 2, if it was me I would look for older & popular DVDRs or XBOX 360 games - they always seed & seed for ever, try getting 2 or 3 or as many as you can handle, within 24 hourts you will have seeded the 4GB needed easy.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    I just can't stand wait times. I checked out TL and let the account vanish because I wasn't going to deal with that plus the ads. The site is too big and insecure anyway.
    What ads? Ever heard of adblock plus?

Also TL allows for a little grace period. I think it's 4GB but don't quote me on that. Stay away from whole DVD releases as you will pass that benchmark.
    thats what i use - adblock plus

what do u mean by grace period? i know you have to seed to .4 or 24 hours or you'll get a HnR warning.

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    HnR warning and low ratio warning are two very different things. No matter what your ratio/uploaded amount is, you should not HnR any torrent.

Lowest acceptable ratio for members is 0.4, but until you have downloaded... like I said I'm not sure, but 4GB I think, that ratio requirement is nonexistent.

You could just search or ask in their forum, then you should get a definite answer.

It's to help new users.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by diddymac6499 View Post
    download a stg xvid when he releases them
    Still wait time restricted

Older files with leechers are what is needed
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    TL is sooo easy to seed back on. any popular torrent you can easily seed 2.0 in 24hrs (of course depending on your ul speed)

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    Just download the most recent version of Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OSX. Those torrents always consistently get new leechers and generate traffic for many months.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    download stuff from somewhere else, join the seed pool on tl...

partial seed stuff like samples on tv season packs...

really, if you download something popular, even 48h after its release, you still would be able to seed it back due to tl large userbase.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Err, TL is like the easiest site to seed on. 2 days ago, I grabbed a movie released a month or two ago with around 150 seeds and 20 leechers. After these two days, I've seeded back half of the 1.4GB, with my crappy home connection. Just partial seed popular things, I find DVDRs and Games to be real good, and seed them forever.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    yakz091's Avatar The Encapsulator BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i dont understand partial seeding till now, can anyone ellaborate on this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast