Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help avoiding TL wait times

lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    I found a x264 pack with alot of movies i had in the original release form seeded 10GB worth on a 820Kbit/s and it worked now: 140GB+

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by yakz091 View Post
    i dont understand partial seeding till now, can anyone ellaborate on this.
    it means that you only download a few rars from the torrent and seed them. the rars are useless to you because you only downloaded part of them, but they still seed quite nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    There's 2 ways to accomplish partial seeding.

One is to download a set % amount, from 10 - 50% depending on your download speed and then stop the torrent and in utorrent click the file tab in the bottom wind window, highlight them all, right click and select Don't Download, the torrent is then "finished" as far as any further downloading is concerned for the time being, then right click the torrent itself and select force start, it will seed the % downloaded back to the tracker for as long as you want. You can always go back and finish the download later if you get enough uploaded by going back to the files tab, highlighting all the files again and selecting Normal Priority. Handy for jumping on very popular large files and ratio boosting.

Another way is when you see all the files in your client only select a certain amount of the RAR files to download, from 1-99 depending on your choice, this can be quicker if you select only a few RARs and you don't have to go back to the torrent later, you can just leave it download & seed back.

So in essence, you are only getting a "partial" amount of the torrent and therefore only "partial" seeding. You will always show up as a leecher of the torrent, which can be confusing as you are in reality only seeding, and if a large portion do this, then it will seem as loads of leechers on a torrent, when in fact there are no leechers, only partial seeders. This is where a lot of people fall down in grabbing torrents, they see a large number of leechers and so think they can easily seed back - massive fail as there are no leechers only seeders!
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Sort TL torrents by leechers and jump on one of the popular torrents from the list without waiting time.
    Live long and prosper.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Seedbox is a great help!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    TL is increadibly easy to seed on. i only have 47kps up yet i built buffer by just downloading the movies i wanted and seeding them. if you leave them seeding form a couple of week you can build a buffer easily

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    LuckIEE's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by yupi View Post
    just download 0day torrent (least than 1 hour uploaded) and grab only 20 mb and seed it back, u will see that u will upload like 300 mb per torrent, do that with 5-7 torrent and u will going up ...

PS: your upload speed will go down after 5-7 hours.

this works 100% do this and you will be there in no time
    Iy Looov eet

The Best Things In Life Should Be Free.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckIEE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yupi View Post
    just download 0day torrent (least than 1 hour uploaded) and grab only 20 mb and seed it back, u will see that u will upload like 300 mb per torrent, do that with 5-7 torrent and u will going up ...

PS: your upload speed will go down after 5-7 hours.

this works 100% do this and you will be there in no time
    How can he grab it if he is on wait time restrictions?

Please explain, I'm waiting............

/what - you mean you didn't actually read what the OP posted?? :shocked:
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by CPC464 View Post
    TL is increadibly easy to seed on. i only have 47kps up yet i built buffer by just downloading the movies i wanted and seeding them. if you leave them seeding form a couple of week you can build a buffer easily
    like said I do that exact thing.
    But also download from other oday trackers as well.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    yakz091's Avatar The Encapsulator BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    one more point i want to make tl tracker is having bug since i downloaded a torrent of wait-time 12 hour and there were no restrictions while downloading or uploading.
    surprised, hope this kingrob doesnt read, if he does he will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    it means that you only download a few rars from the torrent and seed them. the rars are useless to you because you only downloaded part of them, but they still seed quite nicely.
    thanks i knew about this, i had the doubt of how can one download the remaining part of the data once he has attained the required upload which SgtMagor cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    There's 2 ways to accomplish partial seeding.

One is to download a set % amount, from 10 - 50% depending on your download speed and then stop the torrent and in utorrent click the file tab in the bottom wind window, highlight them all, right click and select Don't Download, the torrent is then "finished" as far as any further downloading is concerned for the time being, then right click the torrent itself and select force start, it will seed the % downloaded back to the tracker for as long as you want. You can always go back and finish the download later if you get enough uploaded by going back to the files tab, highlighting all the files again and selecting Normal Priority. Handy for jumping on very popular large files and ratio boosting.

Another way is when you see all the files in your client only select a certain amount of the RAR files to download, from 1-99 depending on your choice, this can be quicker if you select only a few RARs and you don't have to go back to the torrent later, you can just leave it download & seed back.

So in essence, you are only getting a "partial" amount of the torrent and therefore only "partial" seeding. You will always show up as a leecher of the torrent, which can be confusing as you are in reality only seeding, and if a large portion do this, then it will seem as loads of leechers on a torrent, when in fact there are no leechers, only partial seeders. This is where a lot of people fall down in grabbing torrents, they see a large number of leechers and so think they can easily seed back - massive fail as there are no leechers only seeders!
    thanks a lot man u cleared all of my doubts.
    u are so helpful, thanks once again for the much needed help..
    Last edited by yakz091; 07-17-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast