Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: could I be an uploader at 0-day sites if...

Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    how lame, get your own axx, dont pretend you have some by stealing from another site.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    told you other site staff wouldnt agree with me. lol

but your stealing from the scene if you look at it that way so...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well why dont you steal from the scene and stop stealing from another site.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi
    Its just respect to the scene.

Now lets say you download a scene release, unrar it, burn it, 2 years later you re-rip it and re-rar it, then of course you shouldnt say thanks to the scene or name it the scene release.

But if you get a 0 day release, or you download a scene release from 5 years ago and then upload it, you should keep it as is, and name the torrent as such.

I hate seeing a torrent called Halo_XBOX_NTSC.torrent and you look at the files and they are the same files that the scene released years ago.

and why should anyone get permission from anyone, its not yours anymore, and it was never the trackers.

so i would have to get permission from you to share it on emule, kazaa, or even burn a copy for my friend/family.

its a load of crap, once its uploaded, and its snatched, its not yours or the trackers anymore.
    I agree with you about changing the filenames. but that wasn't what I was trying to say. I'm talking about uploading unrared files and not changing the name. Anyone that wants to help seed will see which file it is.

As for the permission thing, I am talking about music sites e.g. TT, TR, E or BTMusic, where people will upload only to that tracker and do not want it spread. These files can't be found anywhere else. This would include old rare stuff and DJ mixes etc.

Look at it this way. Same as a movie/music company can put copyright on something, so can users of those trackers. Difference is that they share as a service to friends not to make money of it.

Also most of these things aren't available to buy in the first place, unlike the scene releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    If you don't want to get caught, the safest way would be to use a different IP on the trackers you upload to. A second seedbox would allow you to do that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by vergo View Post
    If you don't want to get caught, the safest way would be to use a different IP on the trackers you upload to. A second seedbox would allow you to do that.
    Blahahaha thats the biggest waste of money I have heard yet.

Trackers dont care if you upload the files you download to other trackers...as long as you seed to a 1:1 ratio ...in fact I know staff that encourage it!

Doing anything other then that goes completely against what file sharing is.

Any tracker that says "dont steal our packs" is just full of irony as it is not like they made the releases...they just compiled them together...wow that takes all of what...5 minutes.

So many times have I seen packs appear on other trackers...and staff dont care, if they are new to staffing a tracker they will make a deal out of it, but eventually they just say f**k it. Because 11/10 times the pack is just a renamed scene pack anyway

Dont forget torrent sites steal from the scene.....not the other way around. The irony of trackers yelling at users for stealing packs is just so funny.

Good example: BMTV, why do you think their pre times are slower then 0day, because their uploaders download from a 0day, unpack it, and put it up there.

Only few trackers have exclusive content that is ripped solely by its users...then it is non scene aka p2p.

So dont be paranoid...

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I has usenet, I iz can be massive uploader yes?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Trackers dont care if you upload the files you download to other trackers...as long as you seed to a 1:1 ratio ...in fact I know staff that encourage it!

t
    A lot of tracker staff do care, which is why many have banned users who believe were sharing their torrents.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

t
    A lot of tracker staff do care, which is why many have banned users who believe were sharing their torrents.
    I upload for 5 trackers lvl5 or above, and not one of them cares one bit, actually i know staff members of two of the trackers that actually know full well that certain lower level sites grab from them and they dont care at all...hell they are VIP's on the lwr lvl site.

It does not matter where you download it from as long as you keep a good ratio.

Here I can show you, go to ScT or SCC and just watch the releases...specifically dvdr or hd dvd rips. You will see that which site gets it after the other will have say 8 seeders and only 2 snatches.

Obviously they got it from somewhere else...and I know for a fact that 8 of us at ScT didnt try to upload it at the same time.

Another way you can tell from where a release is orig from is that some releases from ScT and SCC wont match....meaning their sizes are slightly different. Go to any tracker and just match the file size...that will tell you where it is from.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    why dont you ask on the sites your on why do we have to hear about your whats and want to do's
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast