Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Operating System

XP Pro all the way. I didn't realize how good XP was until I spent a few months with it. Awesome OS.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    XP PRO CORP with a 'CLEAN' install!!

I read somewhere that Microsoft is going to make 98 'abandon ware' this fall; anyone hear anything about it??

Steve

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Linux for me. Then I just use Windows XP for some games and programs that I can't get running in Wine...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Win XP is the dogs nuts...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    XP Pro without question is my preference, it's more stable, more optimized and has so few bug's it's amazing :-)

(And I can say that as i've used Window's 95, 98, 98SE and ME and had nothing but problem's with them, though 98SE is pretty nice and reliable if your careful how much you push it lol)

Sniper.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    XP Home for me

only cos it's legit...

if i never had a legit windows, i'd have xp pro corporate

i do have 95 in a drawer somewhere, but i'm not going near that again...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Windows 2000 pro is the best.

Windows XP after that.

Can&#39;t be bothered to explain, but needed to tell you what i thought was the best version

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED
    well I have had every windows except 3.1

95 & 98= almost the same thing...i guess the only thing that was better in 98 was more games

98SE = much better OS....one of the most used.... lotta compatibility with games and apps

ME = I switched to this and didnt have problems... I had it for like a year and all the problems i got were the eventual BlueScreens. every time i formatted i had to install drivers FROM the cds

2k = very stable OS.... recommendable for pcs that are on all day long

NT = well...servers

XP = in my opinion.... the best. First, when u install first time...most of the time you dont need to install any other drivers. Stability....k a lot of friends got XP and whine cuz their pcs crash like a lot...and yea they blame XP as usual... I dunno what these folks DO to their pcs cuz my computer HARDLY crashes...my old one did cuz it got a messed up network card that works sometimes... well back to say...stability defines XP. Compatibility...I have NEVER had trouble of this, except one time (NFS4)... the rest is gooooooood.

Oh well just my share...
    I&#39;m stickin with my xp (no sp1 here) till somethin better comes out. Until then, hail king Microsoft, cuz they trully know what the common user needs.

ok on the other hand, me talkin about linux and/or macOS would be like me talkin about another p2p program other than kazaa -- IT WOULD BE DUMB

hehe
    greets ppl
    DWk

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Win ME all the way

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    I use XP Pro and I like it. However I wish I would actually try a Linux system out for once. Can&#39;t go all out saying XP Pro is the best if you don&#39;t experience everything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast