Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will BitMeTV account get disabled?

thepiratebay?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by usersec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrac View Post
    He got a warning letter from his ISP for doing some 'questionable things' and wants out of torrents completely.
    what country is in question?
    He got a warning letter from his Canadian ISP, but the original complaint can from a watchdog group in California. It said something like "we have evidence that one of your customers at IP xxx.x..x..x is downloading copyright material and as their ISP you should do something about it" Something like that. I think he was downloading a video game from a tracker he found on isohunt.

He's scared because the letter actually stated the name of the file he was downloading and other details. so he wants to stop downloading everything.

I think he's over reacting, but thats his business.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Sekai's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekai View Post
    My friend gave me his BmTV account a couple of months ago and my account didn't get banned. The annoying thing is that he had invited a cheater like 6 months ago so his invites had been disabled, and he didn't tell me. So now I'm stuck with an account with disabled invites, and I don't dare try to ask a friend for a new invite there considering that they might have already logged my IP with that account, and if I make a new account they might ban both of them.

But the point is that you probably won't be banned.
    You would have turned down the account if you had known the invites had been disabled?
    Yes, because one of my friends was offering me an invite to BmTV which I declined because I was already getting an account.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    He's scared because the letter actually stated the name of the file he was downloading and other details. so he wants to stop downloading everything.

He does, apparently. Assuming that the IP is dynamic, there is no way to prove his "guiltiness".
    A malis vituperari laus est.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar666 View Post

He does, apparently. Assuming that the IP is dynamic, there is no way to prove his "guiltiness".

i agree !

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    My isp seems to change my ip every few months and I never have any problems with my accounts on any tracker

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65

I pretty sure his IP is static. I know mine hasn't changed in over a year and I've left my cable modem unplugged for a week to try and change it.

Nemrac

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I pretty sure his IP is static. I know mine hasn't changed in over a year and I've left my cable modem unplugged for a week to try and change it.

Nemrac
    off topic, my cable modem usually only grabs a new IP if I connect a different (PC/router) with a different mac address. After connecting the new hardware, rebooting the cable modem has always given me a new public IP.

On topic, IP's change everyday, and if your in the same state, dont worry about it. I don't condone doing this, but you'll do it with or without proper information if your set on it anyway, so you might as well be informed correctly.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    You would have turned down the account if you had known the invites had been disabled?
    Yes, because one of my friends was offering me an invite to BmTV which I declined because I was already getting an account.
    Keep it foolish.

Seriously though, that was a bad move, I hope you see that.
    Now go away.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    YOur IP address will change everytime you connect a new NIC (Network Interface Card) or Gateway (Router/ Default Gateway). Unless you have a Static IP address, but you would still have to call up your ISP provider to keep static whenever switching nics or/and routers.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast