Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Geldof reveals the horrible truth about Bush

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Not anymore.

I was little young when Ole Jimmuh was in office.
    Can you rattle off, in list form, his fuck-ups?

Carter had to deal with certain crises and did a bad job. Bush, besides 9/11, has stirred up shit again and again. That goes beyond "bad job".

Both are inept. Guess which is worse.
    If you don't remember how bad he was, you're still a little young, truth.

We could start with the Panama Canal giveaway, taking us off the gold standard, the misery index, the Shah of Iran/Ayatollah Khomeini fiasco, the Iranian hostage situation, his abortive hostage rescue attempt (absolutely comical in it's ineptitude, if you can overlook the incredible tragedy), nightmarish rabbit attacks...I'm running out of breath.

Even his "crowning achievement" the Camp David Accords, went wrong - remember, Sadat was barely lucky enough to make it home before he was assassinated - you know, you really don't have a clue, if your inclination is to say, by comparison, that Bush only "had 9/11" to deal with.

Carter had "certain crises" to deal with?

To which "crises" do you refer - the toilet paper shortage?

His "malaise"?

All this (and much, much, much more) in a scant four years.

No, you are quite wrong, irrevocably so, and your only recourse is to admit it and never raise the issue again.
    I disagree. Also why is it that when folks older than myself (I'm in my mid-30's) recall a bad Prez, it ain't Carter.

Is it due to party affiliation?

Is it due to whether they were affected personally?

Thanks for the list. It's dubious as to whether Carter affected people's lives like Bush has.

I'd call going to war with a country that had nothing to do with the worst attack on our mainland worse than the handling of a hostage situation and then some.
    How many soldiers dead now for bullshit? I wouldn't be surprised if it's 4000.

:plays trump card:

You say malaise. Yeah that was messed up.

How about "Mr President the country is under attack." hthenI'lljustsitherefor7minutes: ....but, but, but I landed in a jet on an aircraft carrier. :I'mtough:

It also looks like Carter inherited a high misery index from Ford and never righted it.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    [QUOTE=Busyman™;2706824]

If you don't remember how bad he was, you're still a little young, truth.

We could start with the Panama Canal giveaway, taking us off the gold standard, the misery index, the Shah of Iran/Ayatollah Khomeini fiasco, the Iranian hostage situation, his abortive hostage rescue attempt (absolutely comical in it's ineptitude, if you can overlook the incredible tragedy), nightmarish rabbit attacks...I'm running out of breath.

Even his "crowning achievement" the Camp David Accords, went wrong - remember, Sadat was barely lucky enough to make it home before he was assassinated - you know, you really don't have a clue, if your inclination is to say, by comparison, that Bush only "had 9/11" to deal with.

Carter had "certain crises" to deal with?

To which "crises" do you refer - the toilet paper shortage?

His "malaise"?

All this (and much, much, much more) in a scant four years.

No, you are quite wrong, irrevocably so, and your only recourse is to admit it and never raise the issue again.
    I disagree. Also why is it that when folks older than myself (I'm in my mid-30's) recall a bad Prez, it ain't Carter.
    That's what you get for living where you live, hanging out with democrats.

Is it due to party affiliation?
    No; it's because he was born to be a peanut farmer, and didn't realize he'd peaked until far too late.

Thanks for the list. It's dubious as to whether Carter affected people's lives like Bush has.
    Well, that's true; unlike Bush, Carter didn't exclude anybody.

Carter fucked everybody, even you, although I'm sure you managed to block it out, given you were just a toddler.

I'd call going to war with a country that had nothing to do with the worst attack on our mainland worse than the handling of a hostage situation and then some.
    You're ignoring the degree of ineptitude again, but never mind.

Bullshit is in the eye of the beholder.

I can make a case for going into Iraq.

Can you make a case for letting the hostages gather 444 days of moss?

How about "Mr President the country is under attack." hthenI'lljustsitherefor7minutes
    Okay, I'll bite:

Should he have panicked and run about tearing at his hair and wringing his hands?

....but, but, but I landed in a jet on an aircraft carrier. :I'mtough:
    I wasn't too wild about that myself.

It also looks like Carter inherited a high misery index from Ford and never righted it.
    "Looks like"?

Really?

What sort of lenses are you peering through?

Carter=misery index.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

That's what you get for living where you live, hanging out with democrats.

I actually have some Republican friends too but as you well know, this area is mostly Dem.

Well, that's true; unlike Bush, Carter didn't exclude anybody.

Carter fucked everybody, even you, although I'm sure you managed to block it out, given you were just a toddler.

No I was older than that. Bush and even Reagan for that matter fucked everybody as well.

You're ignoring the degree of ineptitude again, but never mind.

So are you. You can't get more inept than being presented with a crisis and in response, create another unrelated one.

Bullshit is in the eye of the beholder.

I can make a case for going into Iraq.

Can you make a case for letting the hostages gather 444 days of moss?

What's the case for going into Iraq? All the ones presented....WMD, Al Qaeda, fight them over there so we don't f....are all bullshit.

Were the hostages freed? Were there attempts to free them militarily?

And please, don't bring up folks gathering moss. A piece of the US went underwater and 5 days later the Prez shows up with the food for a frigging press piece.

How about "Mr President the country is under attack." hthenI'lljustsitherefor7minutes
    Okay, I'll bite:

Should he have panicked and run about tearing at his hair and wringing his hands?

Nah, just loike, ya know, get more information as to what's going on. Be, loike, the Commander-In-Chief and stuff. He just sat there frozen. How often is the country under attack? It's not like he was directly under attack and had to hide behind a desk.

....but, but, but I landed in a jet on an aircraft carrier. :I'mtough:
    I wasn't too wild about that myself.

Coool, you are not one for press stunts. Admirable.

"Looks like"?

Really?

What sort of lenses are you peering through?

Carter=misery index.
    The worst from what I see. He did inherit it though and it got worse.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-05-2008 at 04:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12