Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are the old members?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    The most active are those who want to establish them self and are new here.
    Those who got what they want post less or hardly ever;
    many left forever.
    few are beyond the 1 year mark
    I just notice
    Why?
    There are plenty of long term members in other areas of the forum. Most of them (like myself) just can't stand all the simpletons in this section or that of the Invites section.

Plus, there isn't much to learn with regards to bittorrent, so once they've become knowledgeable, why return to the section?

Also, a large number of aged members have moved on to superior methods of file sharing, leaving bittorrent in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    If you really want to know the reason here it is.....

The recent changes to the site rules pushed a lot of established members back to their favourite private trackers/forums, because trying to hang out in both sites put them in a bit of a bind. It was no longer easy to just post in both, when the rules of FST were putting our favourites sites in greater risk. So, when it comes down to having to chose where to put support, members are supporting their private sites for obvious reasons.

Personally, I've done the same, for the same reasons. It's a bit of a fluke that I cam across your post.

What is really important to put out there, is that it is not about NOT giving a shit about community but rather GIVING a shit about the BT community as a whole; and for this reason a core section of FST's userbase has just drifted off.

My two cents..
    Our total members are growing, not "drifting off".

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    The reason the old members don't post hear is because they do care about this and other communities.
    This is by far the worst, but most popular section on FST.
    Populated in the most part by people who don't care about communities, or their safety.
    A-muthafuckin-men.
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-02-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    There are plenty of long term members in other areas of the forum. Most of them (like myself) just can't stand all the simpletons in this section or that of the Invites section.

Plus, there isn't much to learn with regards to bittorrent, so once they've become knowledgeable, why return to the section?

Also, a large number of aged members have moved on to superior methods of file sharing, leaving bittorrent in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    If you really want to know the reason here it is.....

The recent changes to the site rules pushed a lot of established members back to their favourite private trackers/forums, because trying to hang out in both sites put them in a bit of a bind. It was no longer easy to just post in both, when the rules of FST were putting our favourites sites in greater risk. So, when it comes down to having to chose where to put support, members are supporting their private sites for obvious reasons.

Personally, I've done the same, for the same reasons. It's a bit of a fluke that I cam across your post.

What is really important to put out there, is that it is not about NOT giving a shit about community but rather GIVING a shit about the BT community as a whole; and for this reason a core section of FST's userbase has just drifted off.

My two cents..
    Our total members are growing, not "drifting off".

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    The reason the old members don't post hear is because they do care about this and other communities.
    This is by far the worst, but most popular section on FST.
    Populated in the most part by people who don't care about communities, or their safety.
    A-muthafuckin-men.

see there's a really old member

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    yeah.I wonder how he get out from the tomb?

For Serving Community

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by shmicko View Post
    Some don't give a shit about community I guess what else could it be? Just take what you need and sod off? Either that or abduction by aliens? or SWAT team seize HDD?

U are talking ?)

2 years 50 posts

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    its the same old crap here everyday

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Well a lots changed even since I've been here. People change, it's all good. More than that, torrenting is forever evolving. There's plenty of good people still lurking.
    cheers

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Speaking of myself, I'm not using torrents nearly as much as I did back when I registered there, so that's one of the reasons why I'm not really posting anymore.
    It's not like I was contributing to this board anyway

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i think most oldies of this board are in lounge

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    what is really getting on my nerves is that some new forum members behave very badly. they disrespect other members, they disrespect forum rules and they sure do give a shit about tracker rules.

when i am new to a community i ask, learn and listen. most of all i will try to make a friendly impression on regular members.

some n00bs come here, act like the experienced torrent gangstas and want it all right now.

they flame sites, they flame other members or they just spam the forum with useless posts.

some of them know exactly what sites they're hunting. this and the lack of respect underlines the double account theory.

unfortunately i get the feeling, that (especially the invite section) gets more crowded with stupid, uneducated trash everyday.

on the other hand it's always nice to see new people .

i really like honest newcomers who don't know much, but are eager to listen, learn and contribute to the community. even if they are just looking for invites, they do it the right way.

i enjoy explaining someone the differences between seeding and leeching rather than giving irc details for the 200th "my account got stolen/banned for no reason" topic.

when i came here about half a year ago i was happy to have all sites i ever wanted. i was never actively looking for invites in the invite section.

nevertheless i learned that there are a few great trackers i wasn't a member of and i got invited to all of them, which i wouldn't want to miss today.

sgtmajor has a much longer history than i do, but even i notice that the same topics will come up over and over again in the bittorrent section.

whatever. after all i like hanging out on fst and i'm not planning to leave in the near future.

when i leave it will be all over sudden and without a goodbye.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 03-02-2008 at 01:12 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    in answer to skizo`s post.

I would love to see how many users this board had if you pruned them for not login in for 60 days.

I joined in 2002 when it was the klite forum, then i scrapped klite when torrents first come out, so i never returned here (as i didnt know it had changed its name) until the middle of last year, so that was 3-4 years inactive on this board.

so if you never ever prune members, of course it will "look" like its growing, but it isnt realy, the board "looks" a lot busier than it actually is.

For example. 128,000 members in 5 years, without pruning.

BCG we are up to our 350,000 members in just over a year, but we prune inactive accounts so its actually 47,000 active members.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast