Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 700mb file. two private trackers. how do i

slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Open the torrent from the 1st tracker, save the first 20 (half) of the .rars into directory X on your hard drive. Then open the torrent for the same movie on 2nd tracker, save the remaining .rars into a *different* directory.

I think even if you split the .rars between the two torrents but try to use the same folder for saving them the data will partially overwrite itself and cause problems.

So, once you get the download(s) complete, open the .rar and start unraring.. when it gets to the missing file, browse and give it the location of the 2nd folder and it should pick up where it left of and continue to unrar the movie.

Then leave both seeding as long as you like.

?? Dunno, seems like a stupid idea.. just use one tracker. But if I HAD to try to do this.. thats the method that jumps to mind.

gl

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    I think even if you split the .rars between the two torrents but try to use the same folder for saving them the data will partially overwrite itself and cause problems.
    I do it quite often with all the .rars in the same folder. As long as you set the right files to "don't download" on each torrent it's not a problem. This is with utorrent at least.
    One reason for doing this is when one tracker doesn't max out your download and you want more speed. Or if you don't want to download too much from one tracker, you just divide it over two or more.
    Last edited by tgp; 03-08-2008 at 02:04 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    I do it quite often with all the .rars in the same folder. As long as you set the right files to "don't download" on each torrent it's not a problem. This is with utorrent at least.
    One reason for doing this is when one tracker doesn't max out your download and you want more speed. Or if you don't want to download too much from one tracker, you just divide it over two or more.

Interesting.. The reason I suggested using different folders is that if you select to download only 1 file and skip on everything else.. it always downloads a little chunk of the file before & after the file you're snatching.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    Yes, you're right. I usually keep one .rar file as a buffer between the groups i'm downloading from different trackers. I only download that one in the end after i've stopped one torrent. Then just re-check both torrents and you're seeding the whole thing on two trackers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    Yes, you're right. I usually keep one .rar file as a buffer between the groups i'm downloading from different trackers. I only download that one in the end after i've stopped one torrent. Then just re-check both torrents and you're seeding the whole thing on two trackers.
    that's pretty smart, although normally 0day trackers would be the ones with matching files, and i still would rather download the whole thing from 1 tracker and then just download the torrent file from the other to start seeding from. your way seems like a lot of unnecessary work, when in the long run you are still getting the same total amount of download on your trackers

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    thishead's Avatar Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    unfortunately the file was not archived. it was just a 700mb avi file. i just thought there might of been a way to tell utorrent to only garb the packets at the begining. and then to tell the other tracker to start grabing the packets at the end of the file, whilst sharing the same directory

another prob ive been wondering about since ive upgraded to utorrent 1.7.7 is whenever i try to delete torrent + data the files end up in my Recycle bin. how do i make them delete permanently when i choose to delete torrent + data?
    Last edited by thishead; 03-09-2008 at 12:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12