Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My bitmetv account has been stolen

rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Naleo View Post
    BitMeTV are far from good guys. They're power abusing kids. That's why the site itself has a bad rep, at least when it comes to experienced bittorrent users.
    So why are you displaying a revolt user bar? If I'm a power abusing kid as a mod, then I'd be worse as a sysop. You also wouldn't want anything to do with my code if that was the case (sysdev thread).

If you're going to pin names on entire groups, at least find out who you will be offending first.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    haha I wondered when you would show up sys. If the guy needs help their irc channel is the best place to get it. Folk bad mouthing the staff on there aint really helping him
    Last edited by josegavara; 03-10-2008 at 03:46 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    join irc channel and talk,meybe you get account back

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    singing_sol's Avatar ftn lover!!! BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    might be its me heehee

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    adissan's Avatar Piers Morgan Fan BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Still haven t recovered my account back..I tryed all the ways possible!!
    i don t know what to do anymore..i ve worked so hard to keep that bitmetv in good shape and now it s gone..Bitmetv staff please post here

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by josegavara View Post
    haha I wondered when you would show up sys. If the guy needs help their irc channel is the best place to get it. Folk bad mouthing the staff on there aint really helping him
    well
    in most trackers the first where to go and the best place you can find help is the support irc channel.but not in Bitmetv.
    i'm sorry this isn't bad mouthing this is a fact
    make a small search you will be surperised how many threads here about Bitmetv brutality.
    as i stated before.tracker staff rank was made to help the tracker and its members not to help them selves to show off or to play gods and feed their arrogance.
    sorry but in most cases that what we get there.
    yes.bad mouthing won't help but nor their irc channel.
    sad but true

but hey
    I offer you the goat

For Serving Community

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I usually stay out of the bitmetv slang fests but this one has gone too far, I can honestly say that I had a problem with bitmetv where I invited a cheater, he even admitted to me that he used a modified client which the scripts immediately picked up and banned him for. Now I was responsible for my invitees and in this case I invited a cheater to a site that has very strict rules about this, I also made the mistake of helping him from a public request (there was a specific reason for this but it was still against the tracker rules). Because I invited a cheater ( the more I found out about this character the worse it got) my a/c was disabled. I talked to staff in the irc channel and others did too and my a/c was reenabled, the key was courtesy, nothing more. We are after all guests of the people who create these websites, they want members who follow the rules that they set down for their websites. The memberships are not 'ours' they are a right to access the site. In the case of bitmetv there is a zero tolerance policy for ratio cheating yet so many people use one of the cheat mods to try and get a better ratio at bitmetv, guess what if you know about a cheat mod, the coders do too.
    Some sites are quite lax about security, bitmetv is not one of them, yet so many people are caught then flame away. The other rule of course that people do get caught by is the pruning of the invite tree, so if your inviter is caught trading invites or is a cheater etc. then he takes you with him, this is the rules of the site that you agree to as a member when you first join, and is simply the site protecting itself from undesirable members.
    Now the next speech will be, but I'm a good user my ratio is............... ffs its bit torrent the whole point of the protocol is to share, its not actually any effort on your part to share more than you download, the protocol is designed that way, to be a user is to do more than just leave your pc on 24/7.
    I firmly believe that so much of the anger from people is that they believe they have the 'right' to be a member of any site they want, not that they are guests, and that the rules do not apply to them, it is very simple the rules do apply, and in the case of bitmetv they absolutely do enforce the rules that they have set forth, so cheater and traders beware you are actively hunted and so those who accept invites from these people must realise that when the inviter is caught your a/c goes too.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    nice post Artemis , just goes to show what politeness , understanding and definitely not flaming staff can do , you were lucky to get your account back , this also shows that staff there can be understanding to , just go about it in the right way
    Last edited by dj1966; 03-11-2008 at 10:06 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    well
    Not all members get the vip treatment that you got,Artemis
    and not all of them have friends that knowing staff members or in other trackers that has the same staff you have a problem with.
    About the guests part
    Are we really guests?
    we -as members-donates money upload stuff follow their rules contribute in every part in the tracker and we still guests.
    if this the case you welcome to come to my house and pay for my rent and i'll kick you out next month.
    Last edited by SAM; 03-11-2008 at 10:07 AM.

For Serving Community

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    ffs its bit torrent the whole point of the protocol is to share, its not actually any effort on your part to share more than you download
    Exactly. I wonder what "hard work" (as in "i worked hard to get there", "i struggled to keep my ratio" etc) means? Filesharing should be easy not hard.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 03-11-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast