Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: what will be the end with waffles??

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by JROQuinn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    "Hard to seed" in waffles is an understatement.
    I suppose they could have a warning system where warnings are issued for overseeders. Just a thought.
    Dont you mean warning for no seeders? so many upload but dont seed.

No,i meant issuing warnings for people who seed above 3 or 4 per torrent. That would allow other users with lesser bandwidth to seed back.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Despite the constant timeouts I upload at Waffles just fine.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    Remember, one big music tracker also means one easy target for piracy police. I'm happy with the current situation. I think they deliberately keep their user base small because more users = more attention from riaa/bpi etc.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    they should give upload cred just for uploading an album it's almost not worth uploading anymore for the 0-1 snatches and +-100 megs per album

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    more users is the worst idea...

the day what and waffles goes in oink direction with massive users bases will be the end of my loving for waffles.

I see no problem with the situation its a music tracker just like oink its generally hard to seed on.

Anyone that can't keep a ratio on these site don't deserve to be there. Its really not hard at all.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    the site is on static condition, there is no leechers at all. if waffles staff wont do somthing fast the site wont survive for long/
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Wow, all these ppl basically wanting to slow the site down just because of they're poor connection/seeding.

go to public trackers, no ratio needed there.
    Last edited by rogerse; 03-11-2008 at 07:43 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Disagree totally

Both sites are fantastic! Found just about everything I've searched for

I'm a power user on what and nearly a PU on Waff, didn't take much effort at all

Oink was just the same, not much leechers - that's what you get when most files are only 100meg or so.

IMO both sites will just keep getting better and better, with 'what' possibly coming out on top!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    cRaZyzMaN's Avatar Benfica Fan BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by FileZ View Post
    open for signup
    indeed my friend, that will increase the leeching

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    I really think that music tracker's should take one out of the iTS book, and go no ratio, plus seed bonus, but enforce HnR. If this happened people wouldn't be afraid to leech like they are now.
    I highly disagree with that. This is a music tracker, not some general 0-day tracker. Doing that will have many users seeding for 3 days and then deleting the torrent. A music tracker like that is supposed to be a music library where album, new and old, are available for long times.

A seeding bonus of some sorts might be a good idea though, but what hurts trackers like this the most is the people that come to FST and the likes and preach that there are no leechers, and by doing this make people afraid to download, which in turn makes it an even bigger problem than before.

If you can't survive on a tracker that you need to seed for long times and maybe upload your own stuff, then maybe you aren't supposed to be there.

I maybe started out with a 5GB bonus, but that 5GB buffer has just grown for the most part into the about 13GB buffer I have now. The only thing I have done is download what I wanted and seeded it. I have downloaded at least 14GB + whatever I have downloaded when the counter was reset because of problems.

Every time someone creates a stupid thread like this, filling peoples heads with ideas, you kill trackers like Waffles one step at a time.

And BTW have a look at the ratio requirements. Not everyone can be PowerUsers, which means depending on your stats you only need between 0.15 and 0.5 ratio. Now go download something instead of preaching this propaganda.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 03-11-2008 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast