Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: suspicion :eyebrows:

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    kung pao chicken?
    they can be a bit inscrutable the orientals.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yeah, idiots

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    called the chinese (mei may) to place an order, ordered muh food but the guy kept getting the rice wrong, he kept saying egg fried rice when i kept saying just boiled plz. after about 5mins he got it right.

so 10mins later i go down to collect it, walk in and there's three asian guys all stood there smiling at me, i said im here to collect an order, they just stood there for a good minute still smiling and then said ok and then handed me the bag then all three of them smiled even harder and as i paid and walked away im pretty sure one of them laughed....

...this makes me suspicious as fuck, have they done something to the food? should i bin it? ...i think i'm actually gonna bin it
    Did the smiling look sort of inscrutable? If so, it could just be a national trait and nothing to worry about.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    In all seriousness, that would do my head right in. Especially if I was Hank Marvin and was really looking forward to a good nosh up.

All you can do is deny patronage. Go to a different Chinese in future. One without cawks in it.

Saying that, it's all protein and salt. So prawn cracker the fuck out of it. If you were stoned and had the munchies, you wouldn't think twice. Eat now, have nightmares later.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    kung pao chicken?
    Ooops, snap

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Ooops, snap

They might not have been laughing about the food though

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    In all seriousness, that would do my head right in. Especially if I was Hank Marvin and was really looking forward to a good nosh up.

All you can do is deny patronage. Go to a different Chinese in future. One without cawks in it.

Saying that, it's all protein and salt. So prawn cracker the fuck out of it. If you were stoned and had the munchies, you wouldn't think twice. Eat now, have nightmares later.
    Yeah if they was no obvious sign of tampering I would go for it.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    I always have lots of fun ordering from my local Chinese. For some reason they always get a Chinese person to man the phones who barely speaks any English, and you end up having to repeat the most basic information: 'Yes, 11B, the Broadway. No, 11B. B! The letter B. Yes, but there's an 11 before it. The number 11. Yes, that's right. Yes, The Broadway. Broadway. B.R.O.A.....no A. So that's B.R.O.A.....no I'm starting from the beginning. B.R.O.A.D.W.A.Y. Yes......the. The Broadway. T.H.E.'......and so it goes on. Still it's pretty good food so it's worth putting up with, and of course it means I get the chance to speak to someone of a weekend.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    was gonna cook steak and vegetables, but realized i have neither so i'm making chicken burgers instead, that'll learn 'em, learn 'em real good - they probably don't even have chickens in their stoopid country

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I always have lots of fun ordering from my local Chinese. For some reason they always get a Chinese person to man the phones who barely speaks any English, and you end up having to repeat the most basic information: 'Yes, 11B, the Broadway. No, 11B. B! The letter B. Yes, but there's an 11 before it. The number 11. Yes, that's right. Yes, The Broadway. Broadway. B.R.O.A.....no A. So that's B.R.O.A.....no I'm starting from the beginning. B.R.O.A.D.W.A.Y. Yes......the. The Broadway. T.H.E.'......and so it goes on. Still it's pretty good food so it's worth putting up with, and of course it means I get the chance to speak to someone of a weekend.
    A fair point - contact with another human helps us cherish our solitude....or something else.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast