Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple keen to push Safari 3.1 on Windows users

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    I already hate the fact that they forcibly package iTunes and Quicktime together as I stick to Quicktime Alternative for less bloatware.

They're just not offering options to users anymore...Kind of reminds me of Nero.
    I thought you could get them separate, and if not you can always unpack them and take out whichever you want, that's what I always did before...

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    I already hate the fact that they forcibly package iTunes and Quicktime together as I stick to Quicktime Alternative for less bloatware.

They're just not offering options to users anymore...Kind of reminds me of Nero.
    I thought you could get them separate, and if not you can always unpack them and take out whichever you want, that's what I always did before...
    Too much work and before you could get them seperate, but not anymore.

By the way, nicho, there's a Quicktime Alternative that excludes the bull.

Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post

Too much work and before you could get them seperate, but not anymore.

By the way, nicho, there's a Quicktime Alternative that excludes the bull and is still compatible with iTunes. And yea they could totally just include the req. codec in iTunes.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 03-28-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicho View Post
    The reason for bundling QT with iTunes is that all video content on ITMS uses QT technology.
    They could include the quicktime codec with iTunes without having to include the whole quicktime program.
    Aww but that'd be smart. And they can't give out the codec like that.

If nothing else it'd ruin quicktime alternative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12