Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how important is retention to you?

Very important to me; I tend to go for older stuffs. RS is where I go if I can't find it in private trackers.
    Oday/good pretime and speed are not at all important to me.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    messi30's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Pretimes, packs and retention are the most important of all the trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED
    Retention is very important for me, I seed everything I download till the torrent gets removed (let's say I get some kind of 'bonus' the longer I seed on the trackers I fileshare on) and I also like to grab stuff that is pretty old.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ShadowsServant's Avatar Tomato BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Retention is important. We don't always get the stuff as soon as their out. Sometimes you hear a good review from a friend. I don't think we can always be in the know on all things.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    As this was posted in the BT section: trackers that feature clearly 0day content can hardly ever offer a reasonable retention but it isn't what is expected of them anyway.

What's personally important to me is the combination of speed and retention, because as good as a 1 year old torrent with 1 seeder may be, it is no joy to download with 2kb/s. That's why I like the Usenet, no matter how old or popular something you download is, you always get the best possible speeds.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    As this was posted in the BT section: trackers that feature clearly 0day content can hardly ever offer a reasonable retention but it isn't what is expected of them anyway.

What's personally important to me is the combination of speed and retention, because as good as a 1 year old torrent with 1 seeder may be, it is no joy to download with 2kb/s. That's why I like the Usenet, no matter how old or popular something you download is, you always get the best possible speeds.
    i know what you mean, but if its a year old on usenet, you cant get it anymore, the best one only has 200 days retention.

but yeah i think that if a torrent is 1-2-3 years old, then it has to have a fast speed, if it hasnt you might as well use emule imo

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

i know what you mean, but if its a year old on usenet, you cant get it anymore, the best one only has 200 days retention.

but yeah i think that if a torrent is 1-2-3 years old, then it has to have a fast speed, if it hasnt you might as well use emule imo
    Emule's great for those rare files that you can't find on torrent trackers but the prob is that you need to wait in queues,still use it though.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

On usenet you just ask for a repost, it very quickly appears and then it can be grabbed at full speed.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yes that is what is great about Clients that offer 200 day retentions in newsgroups. It's sorta like the request a reseed for torrents. The uploader hops back on and you get it (Hopefully at a great speed).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    lsw0794's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    content and retention are the most important
    Time and tide wait for no man

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast