Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: what is the meaning off DISABLED PRIVS

..... BT Rep: +2
    I can say 3 times, for nothing. T.S.O.L is right!
    The BT rep and comment problem, with members repping themselves-others for no reason leaving false comments.It Is getting ridiculous.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well the rep in itself is ridiculous, so this punishment is harsh IMO.

If Cinephilia had posted "100 times 1 TTi SH giveaway, please rep", then there would be no problem.

At least what he did was quite funny.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I have no problem with Cinephilia. Is mad cool to me. Not saying anything about him in any way bad!

was just commenting on the abuse of the BT rep system.
    Last edited by pone44; 12-20-2008 at 12:17 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Well the rep in itself is ridiculous, so this punishment is harsh IMO.

If Cinephilia had posted "100 times 1 TTi SH giveaway, please rep", then there would be no problem.

At least what he did was quite funny.
    He was asking for and receiving false reps. Whether it was 'funny' or not is irrelevant, because there is a standard in dealing with this. Sad thing is, if he had explained the intent of his thread in the report section instead of bitching and moaning in public, the warning might have been reduced or even eliminated. Don't expect every staff member here to know how you act. He breached the rules and was warned befittingly, and that's the bottom line.

As I mentioned before, and as a note to everyone: Start a misc. report thread to deal with these kinds of problems if you actually want to sort out the issue at hand.

edit: The issue was sorted out in the report section
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 12-20-2008 at 07:13 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    yeah, not having access to bt sections during 30 days is not a problem for me, the point is that i'm disabled privs for making fun while reknown scammers/cheaters/traders are totally free to get multiple accounts and trade invites they got from honnest members, get banned from trackers for cheating, steal other people's ratio proofs etc...

Well, i think that some persons from fst staff take their job too seriously by enforcing rules like bots without any critical thinking... and they're proud of that (the bored attitude you know).
    30 days?? Who said that? -Expires 12-22-08 11:20 AM looks like 3 days to me. You may see this as unfair but as T said it has become a serious thing here. We have to deal with bullshit from the BT rep abuse all the time and we have recently had a crackdown on it. Sorry you had to be one of the first but that's the way it is sometimes, besides a few days in the slammer may man you up a little anyway.

If you know of said scammers with dupe accts or ratio proof theives by all means Report them asap, we will look into it and disable or ban them for their actions. We don't discriminate man. There are some who report all the things you mention they can attest that it is handeled promptly.
    Last edited by Detale; 12-20-2008 at 05:49 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345