Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are whales in danger of extinction, but not chickens?

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    CG, how many times.....sperm whales are not made entirely of sperm . I won't tell you again.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Damnit! I was wondering why they didn't shrink when they came.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Squeamous, for the love of fuck - I'd do anything to get you to stop putting punctuation after smilies.

My face is strewn with rivulets of a scarlet hue
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    KILLER WHALE JUMPS ON GUY!
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=iig-Eq2biK4[/youtube]
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    whales can't lay eggs?
    they cant ?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    i think i know why , ladies try to swallow all the sperm whales , but they leave the chicken alone

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Seldom does a year pass without a demonstration decrying international hunting that threatens extinction for many large marine mammal species. Yet to my knowledge there has never been a demonstration exhorting us to save chickens. Why not? The short answer is that chickens have never been an endangered species. But that just raises the question of why one species is endangered and another not.

Whale populations have been dwindling because no one owns whales. They swim in international waters, and several nations have refused to respect the international treaties that have attempted to protect them.

Japanese and Norwegian whalers understand that their current practices threaten the survival of whales and hence their own livelihood. But each whaler also knows that any whale he does not harvest will be taken by someone else.

By contrast, most chickens in the world are owned by someone.

If you kill one of your chickens today, that is one less chicken you will own tomorrow. If chicken farming were your livelihood, you would have strong incentives to balance the number of birds you send to market and the number of new chicks you acquire.

Chickens and whales are both economically valuable. The fact that people enjoy secure property rights in chickens but not in whales explains why the former are secure and the latter are endangered.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Squeamous, for the love of fuck - I'd do anything to get you to stop putting punctuation after smilies.

My face is strewn with rivulets of a scarlet hue
    Anything ?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah, just stop torturing me
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Is this a serious thread?
    Last edited by Septimus; 03-31-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast