View Poll Results: does religion really represent god?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 16.67%
  • no

6 33.33%
  • may be i dont care

4 22.22%
  • stop creating useless topics with useless polls....

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: does religion really represent god?

trevor2000's Avatar R.I.P Jay BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by nioin3k View Post
    I hate religion.

It's just a way to control people.

Some people just can't live in reality, they want some kind of fictional sense of being. These people are weak.

+1

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Are all these words in the right order
    i dont really know ...those were just random tots i typed..i wanted to know what someone else felt about religion and god thats it...

as far as religion is concerned ...in spite of what ever i say i find it hard to stop believing in my religion and all..since it has become a part of my identity...thats y i feel may be if any change has to come its possible only in the future generation...once some one learns about religion at a very young age...it becomes a part of that person..and people will fight when its threatned...but its really very hard when you compare your religion on the decline and some other religion dominating in numbers.....i guess by the end of this poll "may be i dont care" will win the race....and i guess religion is gonna stay as long as people live...we can never be religion free...we r very different from one another to live together as one...

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

3. Lounge   -   #13
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    religion sucks , especially the hindus

4. Lounge   -   #14
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    forget it , am leaving

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Religious radicals/fanatics tend to scare me.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    i dont really know ...those were just random tots i typed..i wanted to know what someone else felt about religion and god thats it...

as far as religion is concerned ...in spite of what ever i say i find it hard to stop believing in my religion and all..since it has become a part of my identity...thats y i feel may be if any change has to come its possible only in the future generation...once some one learns about religion at a very young age...it becomes a part of that person..and people will fight when its threatned...but its really very hard when you compare your religion on the decline and some other religion dominating in numbers.....i guess by the end of this poll "may be i dont care" will win the race....and i guess religion is gonna stay as long as people live...we can never be religion free...we r very different from one another to live together as one...
    Fact is, if people didn't indoctrinate children from birth to belong to a specific religion we wouldn't have it. Sure, you'd get the odd isolated pockets of weirdos but nowhere near proper organised religion. Religion is no more than a group bonding exercise, where people wish to be a part of something bigger than them. It's the ultimate extension of our primitive humanity.....our wish to living amongst others with similar values in a way that benefits us all. You'll often meet people who class themselves as 'Muslim' or 'Christian' but don't actually seem to adhere to many of the tenets of the faith. It's just a big club to them with a bit of morality thrown in when it suits them. Plus, they can hedge their bets should there really be a judgement day.

I think it's unethical to raise children in any faith. If as people say, God 'calls to them' they will pick up his wishes on their own without being told by a man in a dress. By all means believe in a higher being...it's about as plausible as any other explanation of our existence.....but just don't fall into the trap of mixing up the weaknesses of the human mind in with that.

We're unique on this planet it seems in our level of consciousness, and I don't think we've quite learned yet to handle the enormity of our existence. We're afraid and it's perfectly natural to be...with all this awareness comes questions we can't answer. Religion in a way is like a pathology of the brain.

That's what I think anyway .

7. Lounge   -   #17
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    this is very nice thread to discuss but wrong section.

For Serving Community

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    There are billions of uneducated ignorant people on Earth, people that are easily taken advantage of and persuaded to do what they're told.
    Yup, all these seriously uneducated and ignorant people, not a patch on your massive intellect. Who's ever heard of a bright, educated person also being a member of a religion. It's preposterous.

Or heaven forfend thought for themselves, easily led sheep, every one of them.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    There are billions of uneducated ignorant people on Earth, people that are easily taken advantage of and persuaded to do what they're told.
    Yup, all these seriously uneducated and ignorant people, not a patch on your massive intellect. Who's ever heard of a bright, educated person also being a member of a religion. It's preposterous.

Or heaven forfend thought for themselves, easily led by sheep, every one of them.
    /fixed

Why no take it all the way, like.

Oh and *Generalisations, ryan. He's not some colonial

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Indeed, everyone who is religious is ignorant and uneducated, who am I to argue with that. Particularly given the great minds who have decreed it so.

Tony Blair for example, there's an ignorant and uneducated chap. Went to Oxford University, became a Barrister, went on to lead one of the G8 countries. How ignorant and uneducated do you need to be. How much of a sheep, figuratively speaking, to run the country you were born in.

Let's get this clear right now. To say that you don't believe in God, fair enough. To say that you don't agree with religion, that's a matter for you.

However to suggest that everyone who does believe in God and who is religious is also ignorant and uneducated is frankly laughable and bigoted. Cherie Blair is a QC, how ignorant and uneducated do you have to be, not only be called to the bar but also to become Queen's Council.

How many people here are Muslim, Jewish, Christian or whatever. All ignorant and uneducated, I think not.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast