Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kazza We Need Your Support...

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    TSIF Go away!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Pzombie just scared the shit out of me! I must go now, I have to delete all of my files and uninstall k-lite.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I can't communicate with you guys. I replied with that when blizzard said kazza will be around forever, My point was not if the law is passed. I'm for filesharing(I'm not trying to scare anybody) like I said before I'm boycotting the RIAA, but we need some corporations or musicians to step up and support this, or else we're not gonna win this. Now everyone must agree with that, right? We need to reach the public with this issue, and a bunch us so called "pirates" isn't appealing to the media!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pzombie@6 August 2003 - 09:04
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/030717/11/kvue.html

okay I found the link, heres a quote:

"The Conyers-Berman bill would operate under the assumption that each copyrighted work made available through a computer network was copied by others at least 10 times for a total retail value of $2,500. That would bump the activity from a misdemeanor to a felony, carrying a sentence of up to five years in jail."

In my opinion this will never get passed but there's always a chance.
    so if your sharing a substantial amount of files like me...you would be facing a felony.
    there are several other proposed laws this was the first I happened to see. one proposing a felony for 1 illegally shared file.
    *plays Revolution Calling*

Got no love for politicians
    Or that crazy scene in D.C.
    It's just a power mad town
    But the time is ripe for changes
    There's a growing feeling
    That taking a chance on a new kind of vision is due

Revolution calling
    Revolution calling
    Revolution calling you
    [There's a] Revolution calling
    Revolution calling
    Gotta make a change
    Gotta push, gotta push it on through

Anyway that bill is fucking bullshit. Fighting mp3 piracy as an all out war will be just about as effective as the War on Drugs. Put a bunch of people in jail and only increase the problem.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    yes like i said I don't think the bill will get passed either. There are other laws being proposed too, none of which will become a law in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12