Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox Plans

ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMighyThor View Post
    Do torrentswift and OVH run torrentflux?

Do you have a link to the OVH plans?
    OVH does.
    Use teh link from this thread's first page, then go to OVH main page and you'll see.
    TCS Byatch in training

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Nice one. Cheers

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I think we're talking about two different ways of doing things:-)

Theres a big difference between renting a server which may or may not be used be used for filesharing and renting a torrentflux seedbox which can only be used for filesharing. Torrentswift ONLY offer torrentflux.

With a torrrentflux seedbox provider, you are more restricted in that all you can do is torrenting. But you know that all you have to manage is a webpage (for your torrents) and a FTP client. They tend to be cheaper if all you want to do is fileshare (but I agree OVH does look competitive).

BTW many private sites dont allow sharing of seedboxes so you may need to make sure you arent accessing the same trackers if you are going to share.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by optimist View Post
    OVH does look competitive
    Almost shit my pants here.
    LOOK COMPETITIVE?? WTF?
    Torrentswift wants 40$ for 800GB transfer.
    I will transfer that much in 2 days with OVH. There's no competition between those 2, it's like you facing Mike Tyson on teh ring
    TCS Byatch in training

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    There's no competition between those 2, it's like you facing Mike Tyson on teh ring
    You arent paying attention.

I wasnt comparing torrentswift to OVH. I was comparing renting a server to renting a torrentflux seedbox. The latter has been cheaper, but as I was saying, OVH do seem to be changing that.

You can get an unlimited BW torrentflux service for under £10/month - but not one that offers a 50 gig hd. It all depends on what you need.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by optimist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    There's no competition between those 2, it's like you facing Mike Tyson on teh ring
    You arent paying attention.

I wasnt comparing torrentswift to OVH. I was comparing renting a server to renting a torrentflux seedbox. The latter has been cheaper, but as I was saying, OVH do seem to be changing that.

You can get an unlimited BW torrentflux service for under £10/month - but not one that offers a 50 gig hd. It all depends on what you need.
    50 GB HDD is not huge. OVH offers 750 HDD, how about that?
    And you can share it with 2 ppl, to split 35-40 pounds and make it 10-15 per person. And it's unlimited transfer. And FTP access, and Torrentflux, and whatever.. Guess you getting the idea?
    torrentswift is suck every OVH bawlz, except for OVH available only in Europe. Do you really believe that on this forums even 10 ppl, who want to use seedbox for some other than seed torrents on treckers? So what else they need then?
    TCS Byatch in training

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    You're clearly a OVH fanboy who cant see past why everyone in europe shouldnt be using their service. You cant even see why anyone would use OVH for anything other than filesharing -you should look again at their website. OVH clearly dont agree with you.

I should add that the OVH basic package also only offers linux (not for everyone) and the RAM isnt really enough to run windows.

BTW its probably also a bad idea to try to share on the basic package (only one IP address). Sharing an IP address across two acccounts can get you banned from many sites so you'd need to be careful how you shared.

A torrentflux service suits many people who dont want to manage a server and dont need to shift terabytes of data every month. There are numberous providers of torrentflux services - torrentswift is only one of many.

Anyway, I dont have the energy to try to explain these things to you. I'm off to bed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    http://seedbox24.com/

looks good, anyone have any feedback on them?

only downpoint is I don't know how to use linux.
    ELITE BITTORENT USER SORRY I CANNOT TELL YOU MY TRACKERS THEY ARE OVER LEVEL 9000 AND I AM SWORN TO SECRECY (P.S No traders allowed)

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    If I do go with the OVH option, does linux have the equivalent of Remote Desktop to make managing it easier?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquill View Post
    http://seedbox24.com/

looks good, anyone have any feedback on them?

only downpoint is I don't know how to use linux.
    You dont get to touch linux. Torrentflux is like the web interface of uTorrent; & its already set up for you. Your only access is to the server is through this web interface or via FTP.

BTW these guys do a simple torrentflux service for $5/month: http://torrentfluxhosting.com/torrentflux/sign-up/

If it isnt what you want, you get to cancel after a month and all it costs you is $5 to try it.

My advice is you can negotiate before you sign up. And make sure any service offers FTP access if you want to upload files to the seedbox.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast