Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some points about SCT

colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, 700-1000kbps is a lot better than I have, but I use a seedbox on ScT and other sites. You should know though that even with your better upload speed than a lot of other people have will not always be enough. There are lots of 100/100 and some gbit on nearly everything. Be prepared to seed a long time if necessary.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    i dont think you can compete @ ScT/SCC with 700-1000kbps upload. When your still downloading, they have already downloaded & seeding so it makes it hard

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    That's a decent home connection speed, and providing you are selective in what you download (ie popular stuff) and grabbed it from the minute it came out and continue seeding till eternity, you will do very well. Combine that with a TL account and you will do very well indeed.

The big mistake is sharing what limited resources you have round many sites whilst also downloading more than you can return.

It's all about judgement, not about speed.
    Agree with you!!

When I didn`t have a seedbox, I could always keep my 1.2+ ratio on sct with a 65Kbps upload rate...

I was restricted to popular content...and keep each torrent alive for ~3 months!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I have 256kbps upload and i keep a 1 ratio.Just need a big enough hard drive to keep torrents for a hell of a long time lol.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    sacebac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    I have 256kbps upload and i keep a 1 ratio.Just need a big enough hard drive to keep torrents for a hell of a long time lol.

Its all about patience right????????
    I am not very good in english, but i will try it

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    and parcial seeding and being online all the time getting the NEW torrents is a good way to built a strong ratio

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    F3n1x's Avatar 0x34a BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    if you do like me i grab from scenetorrents, and when i need buffer i download from torrentleech and seed in scenetorrents. Ok with server is easy, but not necessary.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    You can make it, just be very selective on the things you download.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    download..what is new..be in the firsts downloaders...and nr.1 rule..be pacient..

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    asoto's Avatar i em nat nuub !?
    Quote Originally Posted by adeel2 View Post
    It(700-1000 kbps) might be good enough for SCC but not for SCT. Hell, even 100mbit seedboxes sometimes fall short when it comes to SCT..only partial seeding helps in creating a buffer.
    I don't agree.600-700kb/s is enough fast to keep a 1:1 ratio on popular torrents.And like SgtMajor said SCT + TL = Good Ratio on SCT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast