View Poll Results: Do you show your bt rep?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 57.50%
  • No

17 42.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bt rep questions?

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    In my opinion BT rep. points are only useful for traders, if an user has a big amount that gives him some kind of credit, so the other person can trust him. I think that traders rarely hide them (and this is not something disrespectful, I am not anti-trader, I believe in free will).
    I donīt give a crap to that thing, moreover, I tend to dislike BTRP. And saving a few exceptions, when I can help with something... well, I prefer people with "reasonable" amount of points.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Bt-Rep is worthless ... I'm not a trader and didn't earn the +4 with trading but by some small GA. But I hid it because it's retarded to base your GA's on the number of BT-Rep points.
    Most of them 100+ reppers (not all) are just collectors, having accounts all over the place and just buffering accounts until they get invites to hand out with only one goal ... to get into higher level trackers.

BT-Rep and post count are completely useless ... better look at the quality of the posts someone has made and not to the little numbers.

Just my 2cents.
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I have no idea that you can hide it. It doesn't really matter to me.
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    They mean something negative to me. I would rather give an invite to a good user with constructive posts rather than someone using invites as currency (one way or the other) to get into "Higher Level" trackers.

I there one person here, that would think someone with a lot of rep would be a good invitee if they invite them?

Also the real invites given, the ones just to help out someone without boasting about it in some giveaway thread, they can't be repped without the invitee searching the post history of the inviter to rep them for some random post in the invite section.

To me BT rep either means a trader or someone, that tries to get recognition by giving invites to random strangers who show some meaningless proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    They mean something negative to me. I would rather give an invite to a good user with constructive posts rather than someone using invites as currency (one way or the other) to get into "Higher Level" trackers.

I there one person here, that would think someone with a lot of rep would be a good invitee if they invite them?

Also the real invites given, the ones just to help out someone without boasting about it in some giveaway thread, they can't be repped without the invitee searching the post history of the inviter to rep them for some random post in the invite section.

To me BT rep either means a trader or someone, that tries to get recognition by giving invites to random strangers who show some meaningless proof.
    What he said.

If the majority of someone's posts are outside of the BT invite section they seem a much more decent egg to me.
    Now go away.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

If the majority of someone's posts are outside of the BT invite section they seem a much more decent egg to me.
    As the song says
    "Quick to judge
    Slow to understand".

I prefer to reserve judgment on one's character until given better proof.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    besides checking past posts. i think also a good idea is looking at the persons profile links on some trackers. that helps me alot on determining on giving away an invite or not.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Adama's Avatar Xtreme User BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yes

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    rep is useless for non traders , thats y i dont like to have them

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I hide mine for 2 reasons.

They can only be giving in the invite section, so its only for giveaways/trading (invites or accounts) it isnt supposed to be for, "cool member" which tbh most of mine have been giving for.

if you hover over the tick to give someone one it says.

Add a Trading rep point to "username"

which is completely wrong in my eyes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast