Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question about CZone

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    Stoi, 1.8 beta is more stable and far more superior to 1.7.7 in any aspect. The most important feature for me in 1.8 is the disk management (read/write) which is really important when you're downloading large files.

I think every tracker should allowed 1.8 beta even for the fact that it has already 6 months of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i think 1.8 is still beta though, i know BCG doesnt accept it yet, not sure about other trackers though. but you may find a lot dont.
    its still a beta though so it wont be allowed, until its a final, we do not accept beta at all, because its beta for a reason. as soon as the devs make it final, then we will give it a couple of weeks, see if there is any problems and then allow it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Actually, this question is about CZone and µtorrent 1.7.7.

CZone recommends 1.7.6 or 1.6.1, because they say that 1.7.7 sends invalid data. 1.7.7 isn't banned from the site, mind you...But if it does ever send invalid data, I could get banned because it looks like I'm faking my ratio.

So, I was just going to go down to 1.7.6, and use it for all trackers. But not all trackers allow 1.7.6(Scl for sure doesn't allow it, and I'm not positive about Bitmetv, it doesn't specifically say 1.7.6 is banned, but they don't show 1.7.6 in the Currently Allowed Versions).

Now, I'm not sure what I should do. I'm not sure if I should just keep using 1.7.7 as I have been, and hope I don't get banned from the one tracker that is recommending not to use it. Or use both 1.7.6(for CZone) and 1.7.7(for all my other trackers) at the sametime.

So does anyone have any recommendations for me? Anyone else using 1.7.7 at CZone? I was using 1.7.7 there months before it crashed, and never had a problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    For everyone still using 1.7.7 @czone:
    for the past weeks I switched betwwen 1.6.1, 1.7.6 and back to 1.7.7
    when the few freeleech torrents came on I happened to know it right away and started on the 3 first fl torrents.
    ... about 3gb was added to my download...
    I won't go on irc to complain about my stats because it's of my own doing right?
    "That was a great speech. If McCain wins, he'll owe it to Sarah Palin."
    "We're fucked. I think."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    WardenRo's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chamaeleo View Post
    For everyone still using 1.7.7 @czone:
    for the past weeks I switched betwwen 1.6.1, 1.7.6 and back to 1.7.7
    when the few freeleech torrents came on I happened to know it right away and started on the 3 first fl torrents.
    ... about 3gb was added to my download...
    I won't go on irc to complain about my stats because it's of my own doing right?
    On the torrent stats (in the Completed list and in the Seeding list), the download amount will appear, but it should not appear in the Downloaded field of your profile, nor should it be used when calculating the ratio. If it does, make sure the torrent was FreeLeech.
    You can calculate your correct Downloaded amount by adding the Download from non-FL torrents from your Completed list.
    Last edited by WardenRo; 04-23-2008 at 07:07 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I contacted a English speaking mod when they came up with this (before the crash).. he said you would be banned if you used 1.7.7. Nevertheless, I have used it without incident for months. Czone appears to be the only major tracker with this opinion.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    works for me

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Czone Admn BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    we didn`t banned 1.7.7, it`s just: you`ll use it with your own risk

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i am using 1.7.7 on czone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12