Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FST Should Respect The Rules Of Trackers And Uphold Them Here!

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    blah blah blah, you do know that offering giveaways on public forums of invites and accounts are usually against tracker rules as well right?

your solution: close the invites section all together

right?
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    I've been around this whole scene since the day it was born...
    You obviously haven't...
    Why?

As I said I have, been around long before P2P was ever invented...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I think it's important for people to follow the rules, but I think it's their own responsibility. And it's also the trackers responsibility to take care of the issues.

FST has provided a great forum. There some "rule breaking", but no matter how many mods there are, it's not practical to even consider trying to control trading, etc. Plus, rules differ from site to site - and they change often.

FST does have the possibility for staff on BT trackers to become community reps, which I think is more than enough to help trackers control their users that are here.

A big problem is, although there are a lot of good staff members, there are a lot of bad staff members with a serious god-complex issues. A lot of BT tracker staff do not respect FST (which is a helpful forum, despite some differences in invite values) and they do not respect the users here - even users who have done nothing wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the trackers' fault if they don't take advantage of the options they have for dealing with FST. And respect should go both ways.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Anyhow I didn't mean to make a post that came off like I was a jerk, or a Noob,
    You failed on both accounts.

Did you try using the search function and just checking that this type of subject has actually been done to death here many times previously, and no amount of window dressing the argument up with flowery words will change it?

Buy hey, you obviously like the sound of your own voice and as long as you yourself uphold the values and principles that you expect others to follow, then that is all that can be expected of you.

PEACE & RESPECT
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    nForc3r's Avatar BT Addict
    nobody cares about rules, we are here for warez

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Anyhow I didn't mean to make a post that came off like I was a jerk, or a Noob,
    You failed on both accounts.

Did you try using the search function and just checking that this type of subject has actually been done to death here many times previously, and no amount of window dressing the argument up with flowery words will change it?

Buy hey, you obviously like the sound of your own voice and as long as you yourself uphold the values and principles that you expect others to follow, then that is all that can be expected of you.

PEACE & RESPECT
    Of course I've seen posts here and have used the Search, I just wanted to share my view was all, there is nothing wrong with that...

I haven't failed on anything, and I'm not here to listen to myself speak, anyhow I'm not here to bash anyone or anything, so please don't bash and belittle me...

Anyhow I'm sorry I posted this, I know it was a chance, but then again risk nothing win nothing, and I know on Forums the trolls love to come out and just bash on others with nothing more constructive to say, that's not to say you're trolling, I'm just making a point about how it can be...

Anyhow enough said, and I'd appreciate it if people would refrain from the name calling, and be respectful towards each other...

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    ughh the OP comes off as such a pretentious suck up
    Look there is no need for name calling and going off on me ok!

I just tried to make a post to help make things better, and share, that's all...

PEACE to everyone, and I'm done with the post!

P.S. Don't worry I won't bother posting anything anymore, that's for sure...

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Last edited by invite420; 04-22-2008 at 11:39 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    on that note...advertising with userbars or any other form of advertising goes against the meaning of the word "private", as in trackers or clubs, etc

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    ... as long as you yourself uphold the values and principles that you expect others to follow, then that is all that can be expected of you
    mmmmhhh. there's one thing that crossed my mind. i'm afraid we are going to see him take part in one of those giveaway threads that break tracker rules sooner or later.

of course i may be totally wrong about that.

@dasfox: everyone who didn't share his first cracked software recorded as weird sounds on an audio cassette is not oldschool.

i wish you would stop to repeat how oldschool you are. it sounds patronising to others.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    everyone who didn't share his first cracked software recorded as weird sounds on an audio cassette is not oldschool.

i wish you would stop to repeat how oldschool you are. it sounds patronising to others.
    C15s with 5 games & turboboost, and don't forget to adjust the head for your particular cassette
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast