Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to download/upload through seedbox

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I'm not familiar with your client, if you were using uTorrent I could have went through some settings but havn't a clue about your client.

A long shot but maybe the tracker have the IP range blocked of your provider. What is your server provider by the way ? Maybe some of the other guys on here with the same provider might be able to help you out.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    seedboxhosting.com. It's just a simple torrentflux box (as opposed to a full dedicated host), so there isn't that much I can change on it. It generally works with 99% of the private trackers out there I've used. The private tracker I'm having trouble with is what.cd. I had posted in their forums several days ago about the issue, but got no response yet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMighyThor View Post
    'Name or service not known')"
    i don't have experience with torrentflux but when i see that line ^^ it makes me think of port right away...

looking at the announce URL for what.cd its on a very high port and i wonder if that isn't throwing your client for a loop..... see if any of the other trackers you can connect to are on such a high port...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    That's what I had thought initially. The announce url has a port number around 30000. I had tried setting the torrents to use ports between 1 to 65000. But that didn't work either. Quite odd.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    nah it wouldn't have to do with the port the client uses to listen on ...

the only access you have to the box is trough torrentflux ? i'd think that would make it impossible for you to fix. unless you can contact support and ask them if they have any special configuration which would prohibit you from using ports > 30,000

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    FAIK everything worked fine after the hosting company upgraded to a new version of torrentflux. I guess the tracker just rejected versions that weren't up to date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12