Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sherman Austin

Poster
    I think Draconian over-states the case, however your point is well made.

I also don't think he is really a political prisoner. Nelson Mandela was a political prisoner. We can agree to differ on that one.

I think there may be a wee bit of "one of ours" sentiment here. I mean by the starter rather than yourself RF - however might there just be a wee hint of it with you too ?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    (5) he cannot associate with any person or group that seeks to change the government in any way (be that environmental, social justice, political, economic, etc.),
    Thats not political?

Shame on you.

I think there may be a wee bit of "one of ours" sentiment here. I mean by the starter rather than yourself RF - however might there just be a wee hint of it with you too ?

Ive never heard of the guy.

If only one side is putting an argument, thats all i can base my opinions on.

I did ask for the evidence for the prosecution, earlier in the thread

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Poster
    Austin, 20, pleaded guilty in February to distributing information related to explosives.

Austin told the judge Monday he "wasn't really thinking" when he created the Web site. "I'd be devastated if someone used this information to harm others," he said.

Austin admitted posting links about bombs to enable people to build and use them during demonstrations against interstate and foreign trade. He told FBI agents he wanted the Web site to teach people about police brutality.

FROM VIGILANT.TV

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    Having read the material, the bottom line is that

This chap was a 20 year old "Anarchist".

He ran a website.

From which he suggested anarchy was a good thing.

He linked to bomb making sites (and has admitted this to the judge). These were links to instructions on how to make devices designed to kill people.

He said we was really sorry and hoped that people who made them wouldn't hurt anybody.

He was arrested for this and when his lawyers told him he could go to jail for a long time this big tough Anarchist decided to render a plea. So he wouldn't go to jail.

He then threw himself on the mercy of the court, rather than using it as a forum to put forward his political views.

The judge said - fuck that - go to jail for a wee while and when you come out grow up. We will not let you post this shite designed to rabble rouse and teach others to kill people.

He is now posting a lot of drivel trying to make himself out as a hero.

Typical 20 year old anarchist, until his mum says "your tea is ready" then he washes his hands.

What an ARSE

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

An elequent prosecution and summing up

But the original chap put so much effort into his post, i feel that i should just sit on the fence and not actually change sides yet

The guy never did anything not done worse elsewhere, and even the FBI didnt really want to prosecute. I think they did it more coz he pissed them off one too many times, than because he was dangerous.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    The - I am an arse, but other people are worse arses defence.

Sorry - doesn't work for me.

He did what he was accused of and has admitted it. He posted terrorist material.

Do the time Anarchy Boy. Try not to weasel out the next time. You may be taken more seriously.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Maybe i should get rid of that copy of the Anarchists Cookbook....

......nah.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@16 August 2003 - 16:16
    Maybe i should get rid of that copy of the Anarchists Cookbook....

......nah.
    lol

I can send you my copy of the arsists cookbook.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by Jpaul
    He posted terrorist material.
    Do you think the people at amazon should be arrested under terrorist legislation as well? As was pointed out they sell similar material that has already been used by a terrorist cult in Japan.

From what I've read (not just this article) the Gvt was just looking for any excuse to put him away. Most likely due to the masses of info on police brutality as opposed to some stupid outdated Cookbook material that would be of little or no use to any self respecting terrorist.

One things for certain.. this use of terrorist legislation hasnt made 1 iota of difference to the terrorists but it has removed a particularly troublesome political thorn.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss+16 August 2003 - 22:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evilbagpuss @ 16 August 2003 - 22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jpaul
    He posted terrorist material.
    Do you think the people at amazon should be arrested under terrorist legislation as well? As was pointed out they sell similar material that has already been used by a terrorist cult in Japan.

From what I&#39;ve read (not just this article) the Gvt was just looking for any excuse to put him away. Most likely due to the masses of info on police brutality as opposed to some stupid outdated Cookbook material that would be of little or no use to any self respecting terrorist.

One things for certain.. this use of terrorist legislation hasnt made 1 iota of difference to the terrorists but it has removed a particularly troublesome political thorn. [/b][/quote]
    Very good points. Especially the last one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast