Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Request] SCT

Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    10 weeks in the private torrenting world doesn't make you a veteran, it makes u a newcomer in my book.

And the evidence is you wasting your time asking for a ScT invite for free. Dunson and Raban have said all that there was to be said about the level of ScT, and their policy. whether you like it or not, that's your problem, but if you want to get in, you have to play their game.

There are many ways to get to a tracker, and there is a way to get to ScT. Live with it. For some reason, it is the holy grail of trackers, it's not for everyone, it's just for those that are allowed.

Besides, is it only me, or does anyone else feel awkward when they read something like: "i want an invite for free" ? How old are you?
    One thing I can tell you for sure, you won't get one from me in the next months.

Nice dreams. I will dream of Carmen Electra on top of me.
    thank you so much for your sharp advices.

First of all, English is not my mother tongue so my threads can be misinterpreted. Please understand that.

I am pretty sure that I am old enough. I am not a kid but I do not see any point here that I need to reveal my age. =)

What I meant by "I want an invite for free" is that I do not want to pay actual money for it or trade it with another tracker. I know it is not possible to get an invite to such a valuable tracker with no efforts. I know I need to give away a lot of invites to people, make some good friends and so on but as mentioned above, I do not want to pay for an invite. That is what I mean and I believe I made this point clearly enough but I guess I did not.

The reason I said 10 weeks is that I want to be honest. I knew that 10 weeks is not long at all. It even makes me look a lot younger. I knew that. All I want is that I have been in trackers only for 10 weeks. Yes. I am young. I am new. But with help of seed boxes, I have been doing this much. I do not know this is enough for SCT or not. But I just want to tell anybody with an invite my full situation so that that person can decide if I am eligible for his/her invitation or not. I have never meant that 10 weeks is enough or long. I know there are many people here who have been around for over 1 year or a lot more than that.

Yes, I know Dunson, Raban and other people reminded me of rules, policies and whatnot for SCT. I understand what they meant and appreciate their times in writing those threads for me.

Thank you Cabalo for your bitter but helpful advice. I know it is very hard to tell something bad to other people. I really appreciate your time and help.

Good night.
    Last edited by sylvanus; 05-12-2008 at 05:39 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    I recommend you to prove yourself a good and valuable user - e.g. doing some giveaways of invites you have.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by amade View Post
    I recommend you to prove yourself a good and valuable user - e.g. doing some giveaways of invites you have.

thanks amade for your recommendation. I just started to get some invites and have been trying to give them away! =)

Thanks again and have a good night.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvanus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    10 weeks in the private torrenting world doesn't make you a veteran, it makes u a newcomer in my book.

And the evidence is you wasting your time asking for a ScT invite for free. Dunson and Raban have said all that there was to be said about the level of ScT, and their policy. whether you like it or not, that's your problem, but if you want to get in, you have to play their game.

There are many ways to get to a tracker, and there is a way to get to ScT. Live with it. For some reason, it is the holy grail of trackers, it's not for everyone, it's just for those that are allowed.

Besides, is it only me, or does anyone else feel awkward when they read something like: "i want an invite for free" ? How old are you?
    One thing I can tell you for sure, you won't get one from me in the next months.

Nice dreams. I will dream of Carmen Electra on top of me.

First of all, English is not my mother tongue so my threads can be misinterpreted. Please understand that.

I am pretty sure that I am old enough. I am not a kid but I do not see any point here that I need to reveal my age. =)

What I meant by "I want an invite for free" is that I do not want to pay actual money for it or trade it with another tracker. I know it is not possible to get an invite to such a valuable tracker with no efforts. I know I need to give away a lot of invites to people, make some good friends and so on but as mentioned above, I do not want to pay for an invite. That is what I mean and I believe I made this point clearly enough but I guess I did not.

The reason I said 10 weeks is that I want to be honest. I knew that 10 weeks is not long at all. It even makes me look a lot younger. I knew that. All I want is that I have been in trackers only for 10 weeks. Yes. I am young. I am new. But with help of seed boxes, I have been doing this much. I do not know this is enough for SCT or not. But I just want to tell anybody with an invite my full situation so that that person can decide if I am eligible for his/her invitation or not. I have never meant that 10 weeks is enough or long. I know there are many people here who have been around for over 1 year or a lot more than that.

Yes, I know Dunson, Raban and other people reminded me of rules, policies and whatnot for SCT. I understand what they meant and appreciate their times in writing those threads for me.

Thank you Cabalo for your bitter but helpful advice. I know it is very hard to tell something bad to other people. I really appreciate your time and help.

Good night.
    Wrong. Giving away publicly invites means breaking most trackers rules. But the intention is good. And to some people, just like to me, sounds that you are just giving away invites just to get something in return sooner or later, and that completely changes the meaning of a true and honest giveaway.

Listen, i didn't mean to sound harsh on you, that wasn't my intention, though i admit it sounded like that. English isn't my mother tongue as well.

I just want to point out that 10 weeks in private torrenting plus FST is still far from making you a guy that has been around and knows how the "system" works.

Anyway, here goes (again) my personal story with ScT: i waited 10 monts to get invited to it, cuz i didn't want to pay for an invite. And in the end i got it and it wasn't completely "free" in the true sense of the word (didn't involve money nor trading). So, if you're in a rush, find someone to get you there, otherwise avoid requesting it publicly, as i can assure you no one will give it to you (at least in the present conditions).

Good luck out there. And don't put getting into a tracker as "your dream". Many people wouldn't fulfil a request due to such "dreams". Trust me, there are more than u imagine.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvanus View Post

Good night.
    You will eventually get an invite for free. There is no reason to pay to get into the site, especially since you already have TL, SCC, and RevTT. In my opinion, SCC is just as good as ScT. The pre times are just as quick as ScT, and the speeds are fast too(not as fast as ScT's though). So for right now, there's no reason to spend your money(especially since the site isn't worth paying to get into in my opinion). And there is no reason to feel bad for wanting an invite for free. Everyone does.

Just stick around and make friends, and you'll eventually get in. Also, become active in the forums of the trackers you belong to. You can also get invited from there too, not just from here. And if all else fails, come and request again around Christmas time. ScT hands out invites for free to power users and above then. So there will be a lot of invites floating around then.

Also, don't be fooled by that dumb ass WTAW list. Some of the "lower level" sites are just as good as the "higher level" ones.

Good luck in your quest.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 05-12-2008 at 06:03 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123