Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow

Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@12 August 2003 - 02:08
    4)riding to florida in that sweet truck-boat
    ROFL

2. Lounge   -   #12
    i got a good one. when we were there we rented mopeds, i have never been one one so it was a littel different. We had to stop for gas so i went friest, that wasn't the hard part what was hard was geting the moped started again. To start it u have to hold the break with your left hand use the accelater with your right hand and push down the cluch with your foot. Well I did the accelater and cluch but I forgot the break. The thing started going down the street with me runing beside. i finally figured to use the back breaks, but i forgot they didn't work. So i grabbed the front breaks, i'm guessing to compensate for the back ones the front were too good so the bike stoped on a dime and i kept going. I ended up o.k. the bike was fine too.
    i'm such a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@11 August 2003 - 22:30

Hey, send me up a starter nose for a 67 396 will ya.. We're all out of them in the frozen north.
    What did you do to it? Is it a staggered bolt hole or are the holes straight across?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    It's staggered. I found one but it's $50. I'd just rebuilt the heads and the battery was a bit low. The extra compression and low speed tore the end of the housing off. This is starter #7 while I've owned it though so it's getting to piss me off a bit.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    If you get desperate i can probably dig a few up here in Fla. Have you tried getting one of those mini high torque starters from Jegs or Summit? I know their pricey but worth it IMO.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Very soon for a Tilton starter I think. They're a lot smaller and lighter. If this repair fails then no more GM castings for me.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    Good idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12