Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who Else Got Hit With The

wait u ppl were hit w/ it but did it restart you com?

i had the virus but it didnt restart my com at all :/... so i was very lucky... but then again i think they made it to target win xp not 2000 as much...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But M$ addressed this vunerability 4 months ago with Windows XP Hotfix (SP2)Q331953. I checked my add/remove entries to make sure I had downloaded this hotfix. I did, months ago. My main reason to run Windows update. But Symantec has & usually has a fix for these viruii on their site & for free to anyone.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    hi
    i got this virus 2-what a bastard to remove

basically the symptoms of mine was that a lil window popped up and it shutdown my PC every minute!!

symantec removal got rid for me

ace

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by zapjb@12 August 2003 - 13:50
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But M$ addressed this vunerability 4 months ago with Windows XP Hotfix (SP2)Q331953. I checked my add/remove entries to make sure I had downloaded this hotfix. I did, months ago. My main reason to run Windows update. But Symantec has & usually has a fix for these viruii on their site & for free to anyone.
    They did (not so sure about the number on that update though). There were two updates actually. One that addresses the vulnerability and then a beta that targets the worm specifically. In addition to numerous virus definition updates since then from Symantec (for those Norton users among us).

I performed the usual checks myself just last evening. And have done so every evening- just a part of my daily online routine. If anything at all, hopefully users who are more vulnerable, will adopt their own routines to avoid such irritants in the furture.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Poster
    i read about this virus from a website and i donloaded the patch from the microsoft website and now i hear that the virus itself is spreading from the microsoft website, should i be scared.

proud to be american

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    u should be scared.......i know 5 people that have got it in the last 24 hours...my friend got it when he set up his website on his IP. If u have a firewall it stops the virus from doing much. download the patch.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I had heard on an NPR program earlier this morning, that this virus has hit more than 40% of businesses that rely on the internet to conduct their trade. Home/casual users were not far behind.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Poster
    Man did i get hit yesterday!!!!

i was 1 of the lucky 1s though as the error box came up but it stopped responding.

So i could get the patches!!! Phew, close 1.
    Another guy said that this happened but he was using Win 2000 & i am on XP PRO.
    Guess i was just lucky!!!

Everyone still keeps posting new topics about this, maybe it should be pinned???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Poster
    I got it...

But thanks to you im back to normal THANKS GUYS!!!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Clean for now.

I suppose I owe it all to my linksys hardware firewall.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast