Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Would It Take To Make You Buy The Cd?

Poster
    Didn't the recording industry already lose a case over price fixing a while back?

Rather than give consumers ANY incentive to buy a new cd, including many of the ideas mentioned here, they would rather furthur alienate music fans by trying to sue us into submission. By making this a war against music lovers(the reason we download music in the first place) they are only hurting the industry, and the artists, even more.

Personally, I'm sick of the corporate fat-cats screwing us for years because we had no other choice, and now suing us after cutting their own throats. It's not about the artists, it's about the big wigs lining there own pockets and refusing to come up with original ideas to lure us back into music stores. If it's a war they want, it's a war they'll get and every song you download is a shot at RIAA.

2. Music   -   #12
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    NOTHING makes me buy any cd!

Just want the original if i like it enough..

3. Music   -   #13
    Lower Price
    I would buy a CD if it was 8 bucks, not 15-20

4. Music   -   #14
    imported_el-producto
    i always buy cds because kazaa dont got all my underground needs

5. Music   -   #15
    Originally posted by arildho@12 August 2003 - 13:11

Finally, do you think mp3s or some other fully-digital music format (i.e. no physical product) will replace CDs totally? If so, when will this happen?

maybe. maybe not. but the digital music aspect will grow a whole lot in the next years over CD's, i can tell you that

it'll be awhile though before MP3's are gonna replace remixing vinyls on a turntable at the club

6. Music   -   #16
    chalkmongoose
    I doubt whether I'd be bothered to buy a CD. The music I listen to (Beethoven, Little Richard, Allen Sherman) is just as good off of Piolet.

7. Music   -   #17
    Poster
    looks like you've got a pretty conclusive answer, drop the bloody price, with which
    i fully agree. i also think that the music industry(becoming more like a global entertainment industry every day, covering everything from tv,movies,technology,in fact all kinds of media) are just catering to the lowest common denominator, they just dont seem interested in anyone over the age of twenty five. im 36 and very seldom do i buy cds because there's nothing of interest
    to me. the only music they seem to want me to buy is the back catalogue of the artistes iv'e already bought years ago( buy them again on cd) Fu8k off iv'e paid once.the sorriest thing i've heard in a long time is that mobile phone ring tones are about to overtake the sales of cd singles(wtf&#33 so even most of record buying public
    are not happy with the crap they're being fed. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and relax.
    max 80x80
    100kb

8. Music   -   #18
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by Rocktron
    NOTHING makes me buy any cd!

Just want the original if i like it enough..
    My method exactly.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12