Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IP Banned?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I am having the same problem, Page cannot be displayed on 3 different PCS (all on the same IP though) and this has been going on for the pat 5 days, not once have i got on the site with the prper URL.

I am on with a proxy atm, but its so slow and the site looks crap (themes are wrecked) and i cant be assed to sort it.

I am just posting this as i am a BT CR on here, just just thought you should know, but it is annoying as hell.

I have asked another member from here, that is on the same ISP as me if he can connect and he can, so not sure if its the ISP fault or not.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Try changing your IPaddress, if possible.
    It's possible that the server banned you for multiple requests in a short timeframe.
    It happened to me, around the same time as you say (5 days).

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i can, but it just changed the other day, im on a static IP so if i use a new router it changes other than that it doesnt. and i had to get a new router as my other 1 blew up lol

and as far as i know, i never refreshed to much, once every 20 minutes if i get server errors, i dont and never have hammered the page.

I am thinking maybe the IP i am on now has been banned previously from another member, but as my IP usually changes once every blue moon, i havnt a clue lol (but its not easy to change my IP)

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    If it changed by changing your router then what you need to do is go into the router config and change the router's mac address.
    Just changing any 1 character will do.
    Then unplug the router and modem, plug them back in, and you should get a new ip.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    well Ok but its still not that easy, On my server the staff members that can get in ar linked to their IPS, i already got mine changed 2 days ago to my new ip, so if i change it again, im locked out of my server till i see a staff member that can change it.

Its a pain in the arse, but it is pretty safe.

i might try that later though, if it means i can get back on here without a proxie.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Me too, i can't access site either with my normal UK ip. Using proxy now.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Theif View Post
    Me too, i can't access site either with my normal UK ip. Using proxy now.
    Read my last 2 posts.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I am having the same issue.. I am connecting now via proxy.. I will google around on how to change MAC Address. I wish it could be resolved another way though.. Thanks Rossco!

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    If it changed by changing your router then what you need to do is go into the router config and change the router's mac address.
    Just changing any 1 character will do.
    Then unplug the router and modem, plug them back in, and you should get a new ip.
    Whatever happened to going into cmd and releasing and renewing your ip like a normal person?

You know cmd>

ipconfig /release and/or ipconfig /renew.

If switching router did it for him, surely that ought to do it as well. Unless he's talking about his wan IP or something, in which case that's changeable through the router settings.

EDit: maybe that just messes with his wan IP, though, come to think of it. But if so, the router should have commands for it.

EDitII: If it's choking on the cache /flushdns might be of help as well, btw. If something has changed on this end, like the serverip, or something.
    Last edited by Snee; 05-20-2008 at 08:12 AM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    BradleyPittock's Avatar Poster
    Last edited by BradleyPittock; 07-04-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast