Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I too old and middle class.....

DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I say if you enjoy it then just do it who gives a f*ck what the other younger kids that are there think.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    lovewalrus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    if you have a grasp on what beatboxing is and appreciate it then go for it..... if not.. then don't be that mid-thirties wasp sipping wine in the corner.....

go for it though... killa kella is great..!
    "If i only had one wish in the world, i would be an ant, and be ripped, and get laid alot.....
    Hopefully i get two wishes...."

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Bro c'mon now Original Rappers are now middle aged don't worry about the kids tell em you helped invent the beat box machine/sampler thats all.

Besides you won't be alone there

Oh also Rap started in Brooklyn not the Bronx

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    Nah, you'll be fine. It's mostly lil white boys nowadays anyhoo. Where's it held?

My mate has a bake-off at his events because he thought it was the most un-hip thing he could think of. Two challengers bring home made baked goods, people taste and vote. The winner so far was chocolate orange brownies I think.
    Mmmmm...chocolate and orange.....

It's at the Islington Carling Academy. Ok, ticket bought - Fug's right. Although I'm not supposed to care what he thinks . I haven't been on a decent night out in ages, all my mates now are into classical music, gay nights and 70s disco cheese. I lost touch with all the people I used to go out with to actually enjoy myself.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lovewalrus View Post
    if you have a grasp on what beatboxing is and appreciate it then go for it..... if not.. then don't be that mid-thirties wasp sipping wine in the corner.....

go for it though... killa kella is great..!
    Yeah that's what I was afraid of! I went to a choral concert the other week, and they were doing a programme of pop songs. They had MC Zani participate and some other guy doing vocal percussion in the corner. He did a little prelude to Cry Me a River, and when they were finished people in the audience just looked at each other in awe...the whole ensemble was amazing. So some of us decided to see what it's all about. I'll just go and keep my head down and try not to draw attention to myself .

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You can always go there and pretend you did it with irony, like.

That way you can sneer, and laugh at the plebs in a condescending fashion whilst secretly enjoying yourself.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Have fun! Wish I was going.

It's only you who thinks that you'll stand out. You probably won't at all. In my experience age groups at events like this are always mixed, because you've got people our age and older who remember stuff from before the children revived it and Lo! It Was Considered Cool. If said Children have an issue with the age of the attendees then that's their problem and not in the spirit of the event.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    You can always go there and pretend you did it with irony, like.

That way you can sneer, and laugh at the plebs in a condescending fashion whilst secretly enjoying yourself.
    Or she could skip the pretentious part, and just enjoy herself, like.

-bd

9. Lounge   -   #19
    lovewalrus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    man i wish i was going too... sounds great, i really do think you're worry is unfounded and regardless who cares there have been plenty of times i have been out of place at an event and only a few times have people mentioned it (gotta love cameos)....... it honestly makes me giggle...
    "If i only had one wish in the world, i would be an ant, and be ripped, and get laid alot.....
    Hopefully i get two wishes...."

10. Lounge   -   #20
    dinsdale's Avatar Poster
    You shouldn't go. The most important thing is what everyone else thinks, the subject matter is irrelevant.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast