Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SCT disabled

Learn to follow rules, 3 IP limit per account is more than enough and is clearly stated in the rules.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    [quote=Swax;2840125]
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    I understand why SCT doesn't really like people using them as a source, but that should be in the rules properly. That reference to don't upload torrents to other trackers in the rules of all trackers is about the .torrent file, not the data I download from the seeder.
    Hmm, admittedly in the Rules it doesn't mention "data", but it doesn't say ".torrent files"

Quote Originally Posted by ScT Rules
    Do NOT upload our torrents to other trackers! Stealing torrents will result in your account being DISABLED. (See the FAQ for details.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScT FAQ
    Can I upload your torrents to other trackers?

No. We are a closed, limited-membership community. Only registered users can use the ScT tracker. Posting our torrents on other trackers is useless, since most people who attempt to download them will be unable to connect with us. This generates a lot of frustration and bad-will against us at SceneTorrents, and will therefore not be tolerated.

Complaints from other sites' administrative staff about our torrents being posted on their sites will result in the banning of the users responsible.
    though when you read the rule in full, it does mean the .torrent

very harsh

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    w00t there is no Swax on the staff.php!
    its quite lame to have this rule about not uploading content to other torrent sites, bc you stole the pirated stuff in the first place.. but as it is a rule you have to follow it or live with the consequences.. it is something different if the uploader himself wants his own stuff not to be uploaded somewhere else.. speaking of multiple ips i know someone who shares his acc with like 8 others lol..

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    SkyW's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I can understand if it was one of the packs that was uploaded somewhere else, or ScT exclusive uploads, that deserves a warning or a ban.

But if it was an ordinary scene release then it definitely doesnt deserve a ban

what was it btw?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    Well dude you have passed the rules,

btw how did they find that it's you ? IP ?
    quite easy... they are members of the other tracker and just compared IPs from the seeder.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks for the reply Swax. Obviously, the context of the rule is important and I still feel that it is the .torrent that is covered by the rules. However, I admit that I should have seen and followed that 3 IP rule. The other rule I just misinterpreted. I apologize for breaking the rules.

But you must know that many releases are shared from site to site by people like myself who just want to help out. I'm sorry if I'm a bit of a noob and didn't realize how transparently small the world of torrent sites are, nor how competitive. I'm just about the filesharing movement and want to help out on iTS because I saw that they needed some help getting more of the general 0day stuff there quickly. I just want to see that grow, and realized that having access to SCT, a great tracker, gave me the ability to help spread the content.

I feel like a fool for posting this thread, but whatever. I've realized it wasn't worth it to begin with and the last few weeks that I did it, I was just having a bit of fun trying to help out. I've certainly learned to just go back to being a noob leecher.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You did offer invites in the forum yesterday, but I'm unsure about the rule on this...
    *** (Power User) at 2008-05-24 23:54:11
    "If you are a good member here looking for a TDC invite, pm me."

http://www.*sitename*.org/forums_viewtopic.php?id=16430
    Last edited by colbert; 05-26-2008 at 09:06 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    My account was disabled because I used SCT as a source of scene releases to upload to a smaller tracker that they don't like. After I got Jumper really fast this morning, I discovered I'd been banned 10 minutes later.

I understand why SCT doesn't really like people using them as a source, but that should be in the rules properly. That reference to don't upload torrents to other trackers in the rules of all trackers is about the .torrent file, not the data I download from the seeder. Whatever the case, I'm out of what is obviously the best big tracker around.

If any SCT staff read this, please reconsider, we can have a nice discussion about this to clear it up like men, rather than a quick !kb in your support channel by some hasty mod as soon as I state the issue. By work it out I mean, I can beg for a second chance and assure you I won't upload anything downloaded from SCT. But please clarify your Rules and FAQ if this is a problem.
    too bad, they dont like sharing but they ofc like money lol
    sct is not hard to get , just move on lol
    continue sharing on other tracker by uploading and help them, its more better than respecting a non-respected staff
    Last edited by predateur; 05-26-2008 at 09:02 PM.
    Vectoral FTW!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    You did offer invites in the forum yesterday, but I'm unsure about the rule on this... ***** (Power User) at 2008-05-24 23:54:11
    "If you are a good member here looking for a TDC invite, pm me."
    Naughty, naughty, naughty.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    That quote is out of context.

Someone posted a thread asking about TheDVDClub and I responded saying that TDC was a nice compliment to SCT for the user rips, but that SCT had more than enough and then said "if you are a good member..." .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast