Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SCT disabled

colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    True, but the absence of an invites section of the forum suggests that it is not allowed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    That's very weak support for your argument, as I said, I've tried to follow the rules.

Obviously it is to no avail now, I would have closed this thread after my second post but I don't have the option it seems.

Glad you're all enjoying the show though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Come on now, this isn't the thread to just bash dunson about everything, now that he made the one mistake.

TBH I spent the better part of 3 days reading ScT rules when I joined. And rules are rules. I may not agree with some, but it's not my place to rebel against them. I prize my membership there too much.

On the other hand, yeah it should all be about sharing...ScT exclusive packages are one thing, but just plain ohday is a bit silly..

I guess they prize their sources, and their speed, thus don't like other sites using theirs. Makes some sort of twisted sense.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 05-26-2008 at 09:24 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks man, for the help with the original answer and for the support here...I've taken much, much worse than this though, so I'm not phased at all.

I think declaring some form of copyright is hypocritical, but who the fuck am I? I just saw all the shit uploaded everywhere else and figured it was ok to do with scene releases, thinking that is how it gets from site to site. I don't see how this really hurts SCT, but whatever it doesn't matter now. I'm just gonna chill out and won't be around FST much either now, guess I'm sort of sick of torrents after just getting really into them in the last few months, thinking it was a great movement and all about the love of sharing files.
    Last edited by dunson; 05-26-2008 at 09:28 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    SkyW's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    IF it was a scene release how did they know you dloaded it from ScT ... you could have scene axx etc

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Swax View Post
    In summary; there's no chance of you getting your account back, sorry.
    Sorry to read that, seems a bit harsh where a warning could have been issued. We all cock up now & then, none of us is perfect.

If there is any way to fix this, let me know ok. He isn't a bad guy, but he could be a bit of a Nice Tim now & then
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    won't be around FST much either
    Sad to hear that brother.

Today a good user was lost here.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    what site were you uploading the stuff to ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swax View Post
    In summary; there's no chance of you getting your account back, sorry.
    Sorry to read that, seems a bit harsh where a warning could have been issued. We all cock up now & then, none of us is perfect.

If there is any way to fix this, let me know ok. He isn't a bad guy, but he could be a bit of a Nice Tim now & then
    I see what you did there...

I don't believe it was merely 1 torrent he stole and uploaded to iTS, if I'm mistaken and it happened on only 1 occasion perhaps he could have got a warning. After multiple occasions though then a straightforward ban is usually implemented, otherwise we'd be giving everyone under the Sun second chances.

Either way he wasn't banned by me, but Mr Feeling himself, and seeing as he practically owns the site it would be very difficult to argue against his wishes.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    The reason it's frowned upon to steal releases from ScT and upload on other trackers is because our uploaders use their own credits to bring you fast releases. These same credits bring you all the wonderful packs too. We are here for our userbase to bring you releases for your use not to be scene axx for other trackers. It's a simple rule, if you disagree then don't download releases from us - simple as that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast