Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good News - Jane Roe Vs. The Riaa

While it's probably obvious to everyone that she was sharing, she is technically correct. Hope she wins.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    WTG!!! thats what we need, people with...... erm... balls

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    I'll settle for boobs, thank you very much.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by burnyass@14 August 2003 - 08:42
    i hope the riaa looses.

then i would leave kazaa on all night
    Careful! Some ISPs limit your uploading to 1GB per day! I use the upload limiter on my kazaa. 20kB/s is the max ill uploaded @ any given second

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I'd leave KaZaA on all night....
    and party every day

\o\ \o\ \o\ \o/ /o/ /o/ /o/

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I'd leave KaZaA on all night....
    and party every day
    YAY YAY YAY !!!! all night long!!!

Go Jane go !!!!
    Always good to see people standing up against these evil corporations such as RIAA !!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Yes. The word in some usegroups is that more people are doing this also. So we shall see what is up when this gets resolved. If any of you get hassled, remember that you do have rights as well. If you get a chance, talk to an attorney yourself about what and what may not be cool.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    this is my opinion, jane in my tought is right to form a lawsuit against something that the offender isnt able to prove, basically what the riaa did was go by conclusions not by facts.....from the beggining i heard of the riaa sueing ppl because of SHARING files i knew there must be a way around it...so i was bored and i thought of all posibilities...one was the one jane has, there are no facts shes sharing...another one i thought of, you are not the criminal because you own the files but ur one if u share...third one was that they invade your personal belongings by accesing your machine without a warrant for that, the riaa was never granted a permit to accses you pc...it would be like breaking an enterance to your house, which is punishable with fines and/or jail time(if anything stolen or private information taken)...fhew, thats alot of typing for me, even last year in 6th grade i didnt bother typing this much for a bookreport(i guess thats why my grades suck )

well those are my thoughts

ps-

FU*K THE RIAA!!!

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    internet.news
    What we have to make clear in the court, whether we are winning or losing - hope we will win - that there is more behind idea of sharing files: We have to share our thoughts openly to understand each other better... :)

nice to hear that your are fighting back :) I would do it also :) unfortunately the lawyer could be expensive, so let me hope people will get could lawyers which understand the serious idea behind sharing and will act seriously :)

thanks anyway, david.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12