Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SeedBox - Suggestions

OVH and its kimsufis are great specially the kimsufi xxl...

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    yeah i have it and buffer like hell damn

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    trust me get the ovh its the best all the time full 100mbit connection no problem i'm buffering like crazy with it

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Although I don't exactly agree with the buffering phenomenon, OVH is a good choice. Quite cheap and unmetered, how could you go wrong?

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    hosting-ie the best
    OVH is good too if you use for internal traffic
    out of the network it isn't that good

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    midnightalker's Avatar Poster
    thank you all for your suggestions..I REALLY appreciate it. I went with OVH (reseller) more specifically seedhost.eu and its great...still have problem but thats only because I'm a noob at Linux and I ordered it with Ubuntu Linux!! I was getting the cheapest with a celeron and 1GB ram so I thought Windows 2003 will be too heavy for my system..
    I would like to try ie-hosting but they have 3 months cotract at least..come on this is not trying, this is buying...!
    "Our Democracy is being self destroyed. Because he right of freedom and equality was abused. Because it taught the citizens to consider the insolence as right, the illegality as freedom, the impudence of reason as equality and the anarchy as bliss"
    Isocrates 436B.C. - 338B.C.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    I have not tried OVH but have only heard good things of it.
    I thought about it - but did not want to learn all that lingo so I just decided that I was going to get myself a simple TorrentFlux seedbox with BR-Hosting.com and have been happily using it for the last 6 months.
    So far - I can only recommend BR-Hosting accounts for people that don't want to learn all the linux details.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Some stickies with info on the various providers. Sites to avoid, good sites; seedbox comparisons etc.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    arkan's Avatar Desitorrents Staff BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I need a suggestion on which provider to go in for hosting-ie(Lin 577) or seedhost.eu(Intel Pentium E2180 2 x 2GHz) ?

I have gone through many discussions here. and this is what I get...

Hosting-ie :

Not so good customer service, but improving, and better service on dedicated vs VPS. Speeds pretty good, did not hear any complaints on that,
    Better speeds with outside peers compared to OVH and OVH resellers.
    High setup fee,
    Monthly fee of 50Euro seems decent, especially as they let you hog 10TB / month with out any problems

Seedhost.eu:
    Well i dunno anything about this... except someone here said its very good...
    Also no setup fee.
    Monthly fee almost the same as hosting ie.

So should I just go in for hosting ie?

or is seedhost.eu reliable? because i havent really heard of seedhost outside this site, no review etc.

Also i talked to the hosting-ie customer service guy on ICQ and he responded very promptly and answered all questions.

Please suggest...

P.S. should I make a new thread of this ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    that one shall be me, it is totally cool, if you have time and know your way around rss and mirc, then you can easily buffer 1 tb a week (too easily) .
    Here is the day i joined Tl
    2008-06-25 15:49:00
    here is my current details...For the last 3 days, i havent added any new torrent at all....
    Uploaded: 870.01 GB Downloaded: 109.58 GB Slots: Unlimited slots
    anyway if u need proofs, just name it, it is a worth try... and if you are to trade, you can easily get tt invite or better ones which i couldnt do

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast