Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New trackers.....

invadercat's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    Don't be so sure that even a new 0-day tracker has no chance, from what I've seen good management can bring a site to the surface against all the odds.

But yes, creativity is almost certainly needed for a new tracker these days.

Quote Originally Posted by robyn04 View Post
    there are 10 million new broadband connections this year in BRIC nations, and just 5 million of them started using bittorent
    But how many of them use private trackers?
    I'd say 80% would use TPB or similar
    yes they might. but what about the users who were using the PB and decides to move to private sites... it happens every day. more people are coming in to private trackers.
    sharing is a joy

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    well guyz, you are right at one thing, we dont need much general trackers. But, in the beginning, it is for me right for the new tracker to follow the steps of big trackers... then make his own packs, so that they can move forward... Also quit deterring new trackers... it is not nice... I admit, it would be freaking awesome for us to unite under 3 or 5 trackers... but that is not case unfortunately. New trackers, shall take example of SCC and for the rumours, SCT... Also PTNs policy is awesome 2... no ratio takes time to get used to but awesome, you share bec you want to not bec you were forced to share... Anyway in short, there are numerous ways to make a better torrent tracker, For example, i dont know how they get the stuff that we download, but for the original content, money may be collected, with the transperency since we will know where the money goes, i would be glad to donate some money, if i see it is used properly...You need to dedicate both yourself, and your users to the site, so that you can get to the top, to do this, the best way would be to have no ratio system however, there must be some contributions that follow the no ratio system...If he hasnt means to do so, other users shall share their staff with them, be it seedbox or any other thing. People shall get rid of their self-centered ego, so that we can benefit both to the site and other users I know they are not original :

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    General trackers are everywhere, we need some diversity

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    invadercat's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    well guyz, you are right at one thing, we dont need much general trackers. But, in the beginning, it is for me right for the new tracker to follow the steps of big trackers... then make his own packs, so that they can move forward... Also quit deterring new trackers... it is not nice... I admit, it would be freaking awesome for us to unite under 3 or 5 trackers... but that is not case unfortunately. New trackers, shall take example of SCC and for the rumours, SCT... Also PTNs policy is awesome 2... no ratio takes time to get used to but awesome, you share bec you want to not bec you were forced to share... Anyway in short, there are numerous ways to make a better torrent tracker, For example, i dont know how they get the stuff that we download, but for the original content, money may be collected, with the transperency since we will know where the money goes, i would be glad to donate some money, if i see it is used properly...You need to dedicate both yourself, and your users to the site, so that you can get to the top, to do this, the best way would be to have no ratio system however, there must be some contributions that follow the no ratio system...If he hasnt means to do so, other users shall share their staff with them, be it seedbox or any other thing. People shall get rid of their self-centered ego, so that we can benefit both to the site and other users I know they are not original :
    no ratio is always good!
    sharing is a joy

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    robyn04's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yes even if majority first time users of bittorrent use public trackers, eventually they are going to migrate to the private trackers, like many of us here on fst, i just think we are just at the initial growth stage of the bittorrent phenomenon , we are going to need hundreds of private bittorrent sites every year, it just a simple suply and demand thingie
    Last edited by robyn04; 06-25-2008 at 08:21 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    well i dont think so buddy... I have buffer over 600 gb on the best trackers i use... I wish i can give some away to those who need it... You can do it only on tti but that requires you to seed for a while and it is only 5 gb ! :S i wonder whether i will be able to download this much even if i do, what is wrong with sharing it?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    aww cmon i need my 10000th zero day tracker...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    it's all a matter of demand and supply. trackers need members. without them they can't survive.

we are at a point where some new trackers literally beg for members. they act like they were rare, secret and elite, but as a matter of fact they are desperately looking for uploaders, contributors or just plain leechers.

like every free market the private tracker scene regulates itself. if you think there are too much trackers stop joining them for god's sake.

as long as people join every new tracker that is advertised here no matter how bad it is, the inflationary development of new trackers will continue.

i think i had at least 15 offers to join new (invite only) trackers during the last six month and i only joined one of them.

better be supportive on the trackers you're on than fail with your own.

be more selective and careful where you join and the amount of useless trackers will be on the decrease.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 06-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Well, actually if you think about it, most of the trackers are copy of each other... I see one torrent on one site, then it goes to another and another... Also we have a hierarchy of torrents, based on this, it is not hard to infer that most of the level 5 or 6 or whatever torrents are copied from the top... Then level 3 2 copies from 4 5 and so forth... Even if this is not true for some of them, it is true for most in my opinion... well there are also trackers who release their own work, i appreciate their effort though...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    You have to think as well, there are a hell of a lot of people that dont even know private trackers exist, ok there are those that hate them as well lol

But if every tracker closes its doors and shuts up shop, then where are the new members going to go that want to get in, or at least to try out a private tracker to see if they like/dislike it.

The big problem is, all trackers that are opening now, only want small userbases, and are not inclined to sift through the dupes, hit and runners, cheats, to find a few new gems in the mix.

Or they ban full countries, just because a lot of them are cheats.

We are discussing banning Brazil and Israel atm, personally i dont want to, as i dont think its correct, but 99.9999% (and thats no exageration) are cheats and just keep creating dupe accounts.

I would rather put a wait time on for new users only, so they have to wait a few days before they can download a torrent, hopefully this will stop them abusing the site in the way they are doing now.

For me, bring new trackers on, if they want to come onto the scene let them, the problem is when they only advertise here, everyone here already knows or is a member of most anyway, they need (doesnt matter how much they hate the idea) upload nulled torrents to mininova, and see the members roll in. but have a lot of crap as well as a few gems.

Edit:

to me trackers that are levels 1-2 are more important than the trackers at 4-10, 4-10 already have their userbase, but members get bored, leave, die, etc etc, where are they going to get new members from if there are no trackers for new members to join.
    Last edited by stoi; 06-25-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast