Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torrent-Core review.

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    You got it right with the ult part. There is a 500gb HD on the ultimate, with 25% used, you? What speeds are you getting now, and are the torrents stopping the instant they get to 100% complete?

First thing I did was cancel the paypal subscription. Got an email about it the next day from them saying they have cancelled the subscription!

They have changed the ultimate package down to 17 torrents, and made it so they finish instantly. Not happy with this, and not sure if it is enough to start a paypal dispute. We should both file a paypal dispute with similar reasons and see what happens.

Oh, and I think the whole lot is on one server including the main site as it all goes down and comes back at the same time.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    HDD is currently at 26% (352.41 GB Free), we are definitely on the same server lol. They've completely changed to a leechbox, you can't even change the option to continue seeding after completion anymore.

My home connection is better than this nonsense... :/

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    If you have read to here you should know to avoid this as its a crap box. I will leave the thread open in case anyone wants to risk it

Ichigo81, lol, it is a full leechbox now and upload speeds are mega crippled now. I cant get past 50kB upload on a torrent, this might be the new limit. I have opened a paypal dispute mainly over unlimited bandwidth claim.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I only managed to use the service for about 2 days, on and off, the site went down several times. So I asked for a refund and was told it would be granted, but 3 days have passed and no refund. I'm so tired of their BS. Tomorrow I'm going to open a paypal dispute.
    Torrent-core = leechbox.

KennyX please keep us up to date about your dispute.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Ok, I also just put in a paypal dispute but haven't escalated it yet. I'm really trying to give the this a chance to make up for his crappy service but I'm doubtful. I'll give him a week to reply to the dispute before getting paypal involved.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Just a few days ago, the default settings of the service were like this:

the response I got from the "customer service":

this is NOT a seed box, it states downloads, if you wish to seed we have a plan especially for this. if you require to seed, we have other custom plans.
    I had the torrent-flux regular plan.

paying for a leechbox, that's new..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Did they give you any details about the seedbox custom plans? When I signed up there was nothing mentioned about seeding or seeding plans.

I will escalate my paypal dispute on Monday and will post again. I have added to dispute that active torrents has decreased from 25 to 17 on the ultimate package.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    From their website:

Service Changes Updated: 07-10-2008

We Would First Would Like To Thank You All For Your Custom

We At Torrent-Core Over The Last Few Weeks Have Been Making Many Different Changes To The TorrentFlux Systems We Use, You May Have Noticed The Seeding System Is Down On Some Accounts, This Is Because We Are Optimising The System To Reduce The Load That Each Python Process Uses, And Thus A Lighter Load On Your Plan And Faster Process's And Downloads

We Have Also Made A Tactical Decision To Stop Using VPS (Virtual Private Servers) For Each Plan And We Have Just Invested In More Servers, This Means You As A Customer Shall Have Only The Other People On The Plan, Which Means:-

TorrentFlux Regular Plan - Own Dedicated Server - 10 Users MAX (Gaurenteed 100/100 Pipeline)

TorrentFlux Average Plan - Own Dedicated Server - 8 Users MAX (Gaurenteed 100/100 Pipeline)

TorrentFlux Ultimate Plan - Own Dedicated Server - 3 Users MAX (Gaurenteed 100/100 Pipeline)

TorrentFlux Reseller Plan - Very Own Dedicated Server Only You And Your Clients On The Box (Gaurenteed 100/100 Pipeline)

TorrentFlux Super Seed - Very Own Dedicated Server Only You On The Box (Gaurenteed 100/100 Pipeline)

We Have Also Started Making Changes To The Reseller Plan These Include :-
    Your Own Subdomain - reseller1.torrent-core.co.uk (Or Your Own Domain)
    Cpanel Control Panel For You To Monitor Bandwidth And Client Usage
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Upgraded To 50 Customers
    Unlimited Torrents

Our 27 Brand New Servers Shall Be Going Online Over The Course Of The Next Few Weeks And The Final Server To Go Online Will Be On The 28/07/2008

All Of Our Servers Are Powered By:-

AMD Athlon 64 X2 46000+ CPU's
    2GB DDR 400 Ram
    500GB SATA HDD (Depending On The Plan)

As We Roll Out Our New Servers We Shall Be Rewarding Our Loyal Customers With Any Thing From Discounts To Additional FREE diskspace

We Will Keep you Updated And Advise You Of The Dates Of When Each Plan Shall Be Transfered

Thank You

Torrent-Core

Seeding Feature Updated: 07-07-2008

Dear Customers,

For The Next Week Or So Torrent-Core Will Be Working On Effective Measures On The Seeding System,

Once Reviewed We Shall Updated All Of Our Customers

Thanks

Torrent-Core
    Guaranteed 100/100... yet we are not allowed to seed. What's the point in spending soooo much money on "27" servers when we can't use them to their potential? I can't tell if this "service" they offer is real or the owner is just full of lies.

Oh, my client area says "pending cancellation". Just send me my money back already

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyX View Post
    Did they give you any details about the seedbox custom plans?
    No, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo81 View Post
    Guaranteed 100/100... yet we are not allowed to seed. What's the point in spending soooo much money on "27" servers when we can't use them to their potential? I can't tell if this "service" they offer is real or the owner is just full of lies.

Oh, my client area says "pending cancellation". Just send me my money back already

27 servers, guaranteed 100/100.. yeah, right .. putting torrentflux with a upload speed of 10kB/s as default proves they don't give a sh$t about their clients.

I only received my refund yesterday, after opening the paypal dispute.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I've finally received my refund today. At first they wanted to prorate my refund because I would continue to login and use a torrent here and there to see if the server had gotten better but in fact got worse. I mentioned that I requested the refund 1 day after purchase (less than 24 hours also) so I was entitled to a full refund, which they gave today.

I truly do hope they can get their act together and provide a decent service to the community.

PS: Still looking for a cheap TF box. I'm leaning towards SeedLayer but it will prolly just bring more headaches as these other TF providers. If anyone knows a good (and stable!!) one post here please!
    Last edited by Ichigo81; 07-14-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast