Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: do i need a seedbox on this tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    The album that I listen to sound the same as yours
    The movies that I watch look the the same as yours
    they don't smell foul
    The point is that you have to wait...
    The point is: the music still sound just as good one week later
    and so are the movies
    even with seedbox and given my kind of connection speed, I will still take a long time to dl from the seedbox to my pc.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    but even if you do have a box and download it that much quicker (which really isn't much for most people on an ok conncection) you still have to FTP it to your home pc to enjoy it. Besides people rent servers to upload not to get things quicker.
    I'm not talking about the quickness of the download speed...
    I'm talking about the substantial amount of time it takes to seed back (you know, the whole ratio thing?), which is infinitesimally larger through a home connection than through the pipes of a seedbox.
    The time it takes to download something from your seedbox (which you probably stream anyway) is negligible in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    The point is: the music still sound just as good one week later
    I guess I have to spell it out...
    The foulness of the food was a metaphor for the annoyance of waiting to seed back so you can download more. The old man's lack of health is a metaphor for the lack of speed. The lack of health caused the sourness of his milk (yes, it took him a week to get off his rocking chair - and he forgot to plug in the frig because he has Alzheimers ), just as a lack of speed causes annoyance.
    Get it now?

Edit:
    Last edited by Acumen; 07-10-2008 at 06:35 AM.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    I understand you way back in your earlier post.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I'm not talking about the quickness of the download speed...
    I'm talking about the substantial amount of time it takes to seed back (you know, the whole ratio thing?), which is infinitesimally larger through a home connection than through the pipes of a seedbox.
    The time it takes to download something from your seedbox (which you probably stream anyway) is negligible in comparison.
    lol...I don't find seeding back an annoyance so I guess it's no biggy for me. I like to leave torrents seeding for ages not for ratio but so that someone can come back a couple of months later and be able to download that file. Which if I was using a seedbox would be unlikely because of the large cost involved in having a decent amount of hdd space. Don't get me wrong though boxes are great if your an uploader and they make the swarm that much faster. I just don't personally see the need.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    lol...I don't find seeding back an annoyance so I guess it's no biggy for me.
    Ok, two conditions must be met for the frustration to kick in:
    1)You must want to download something
    2)You must have a low ratio that needs time to improve
    The time of which is inversely correlated to the size of your pipe and exponentially correlated to the amount of frustration a normal person would experience.

I like to leave torrents seeding for ages not for ratio but so that someone can come back a couple of months later and be able to download that file.
    It doesn't matter what other intentions you might have, only that you have the intention to download freely whatever you want.

Which if I was using a seedbox would be unlikely because of the large cost involved in having a decent amount of hdd space.
    Renting a seedbox for a month in order to create a huge buffer (in order to download freely afterward) does not restrict you from seeding 'till your heart's content from your home connection.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    PBT42's Avatar der iz no can BT Rep: +1
    aite 1 thing.
    there exists a thing in the world called data caps + sloow upload.
    some people are lucky enough to not have one/fast.
    others aren't. :-P
    No PMs unless I know you or have business with you

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    I can only speak for myself.
    For my home connection, my download speed is 8 times faster than MAX
    upload speed. To then go without a seedbox if I am really torrenting a lot
    (which I am) would be insane.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    If I download something from sct thats not real popular, with my 90kb/s it sometimes sits for weeks and weeks trying to get to 1:1 and I seed 24/7

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I gotta agree with this. I have never rented a seedbox, and I have positive ratio's at my sites. Even at harder to seed sites like bmtv. I think the majority of people(not everyone), rent boxes to buffer their accounts and get their stats up for invites and e-penis.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I gotta agree with this. I have never rented a seedbox, and I have positive ratio's at my sites. Even at harder to seed sites like bmtv. I think the majority of people(not everyone), rent boxes to buffer their accounts and get their stats up for invites and e-penis.
    And don't forget like to shout about it from the rooftops, just to make sure we all heard it in case we missed it in a boast post.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast