Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uk Broadband

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    im got telewest, blueyonder 512k service, £25 month, and its a good service, no major outages etc. also got it on a router between 2 pc's and no probs, email service good, and also good personal website service, thinking about the 1meg sevrice too, £35 a month. and also they have a 2meg service,

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    BT Broadband have a Cap
    I've been uploading / downloading about 40 gigs a week and I'm still inline with them.
    When did they start the restrictions ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    lynx's Avatar .
    Don't know when they started, and I don't know if they enforce it, but if you look at the conditions I think you will find it mentioned.

Apparently you can cancel your order within 10 days, but they don't send the terms and conditions until you get your first bill, so how do you know you don't like them until you get them ?
    I wonder if they can make you keep the contract if they decide to try to enforce the bandwidth limits, sounds very iffy to me.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    go with AOL only 19.99 a month

free phone helpline (not 1.50 per min like freeserve n the rest)

free modem

the power of 1 of the biggest companies in the world( so not likey to change ur service ....unless for the better or go bust!!&#33

hmm lets see who disses me for this ...................i await ur valid reasons for not choosing aol

not just "coz theyre shit!"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Forum Star
    try this one then -i use ntl and i dont know how much it costs to 'phone a helpline, cos i've never used it

edit + free modem + installation + 600k service

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    I have gone for bt broadband just because i dont have a credit card and i have just added the broadband cost to my phone bill piece of p1$$ .

plus i have never been told that i have uploaded/downloaded more stuff than i should .free helpline 24/7 (and you can phone them for help on other stuff too cos they have some proper technical bods that work there )

shamone
    Bernardattic

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Poster
    the Telewest is the best, i've got friends with quite a few different networks arround and about my home town, but telewest seems to come up trumps for being the best. I have the 1mb connection, probably updating to 2mb.

Also, AOL, if I am not mistaken, did AOL not team up in the war with RIAA to stop file-swapping? so surely getting an AOL connection isn't a great idea?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Bernardattic@20 August 2003 - 20:56
    I have gone for bt broadband just because i dont have a credit card and i have just added the broadband cost to my phone bill piece of p1$$ .

plus i have never been told that i have uploaded/downloaded more stuff than i should .free helpline 24/7 (and you can phone them for help on other stuff too cos they have some proper technical bods that work there )

shamone
    Bernardattic
    You must have hit lucky with BT's helpline. In my professional capacity, I often had to phone BT, to find out why the service was not working, and meaningful assistance occured about 1 out of 10.

And with BT, if you pay monthly, you pay monthly in advance, but if you don't pay monthly you have to pay 3 months in advance, and pay an extra £1 per month for the priveledge, what sort of shit is that ?

If you use p2p (and why are you here if not ?) do NOT use AOL, the full name is AOL-Time-Warner, some of the very people who are trying to close down p2p. Think they are not going to be monitoring your connection ? Avoid them like the plague.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    If you use p2p (and why are you here if not ?) do NOT use AOL, the full name is AOL-Time-Warner, some of the very people who are trying to close down p2p. Think they are not going to be monitoring your connection ? Avoid them like the plague.
    rubbish!!!!!!!!!

if u have an idea of how corporate companies are run, you would realise that aol and warner brothers are run as separate companiies!!!!!!

do you not think that the anerican companies counterparts around the world would follow suit ie warner in us warner in the uk etc etc and take on every country not just the us!!!

these companies are run as separate stand alone companies...............yes they are all owned by aol time warner thats is the parent c ompany!

anyhow no matter what i say......... if u dont know you dont understand!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Ex-member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast