Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Personally I don't think we should have an invites section, but there you go.

Invites should be shared with people you know and like. Not random strangers who just happen to want them and have something that you want in return.

Where's the privacy in that? The whole tragic truth about private trackers is that the "private" part of it was a way to avoid detection from the RIAA, MPAA and similar authorities, but if people are swapping invites and accounts willy-nilly with Joe Bloggs from the internetz, then that security is non-existent.

The trouble is now private trackers are seen as exclusive clubs that it's cool to be seen to be a member of. It's a long way from the original ideals of filesharing, that's for sure.
    I couldnt agree more, but and this is a big but, i hear ppl say, FST wouldnt be FST without the invites section, then i hear the staff say, We have other sections you know, but they still would never get rid of the invite section, because it does make FST what it is, like it or not. (its what gets people throgh the doors and signing up if nothing else).

The way invites should work is, get rid of the stupid LVL list, that just clouds everyone judgement anyway.

Member signs up to a private tracker (one that opens regularly) another member from another tracker, spots them and invites them to their tracker, they do well, they get invited to another tracker and so on.

so everyones invite tree on every tracker, should have the same ppl in it. (or most of the same people in it).

But what tends to happen is, once a member has got into a lvl 5 tracker or whatever, they forget all about the open trackers, so they forget thier roots. and they just invite anyone on here with a giveaway, and take SS and Speed tests as gospel truths.

then the inviter doesnt even use the account, or gets banned for cheating.

It will never change though, so we are just blowing hot air just talking about it.
    Last edited by stoi; 07-10-2008 at 06:00 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Where's the privacy in that? The whole tragic truth about private trackers is that the "private" part of it was a way to avoid detection from the RIAA, MPAA and similar authorities, but if people are swapping invites and accounts willy-nilly with Joe Bloggs from the internetz, then that security is non-existent.
    a) create your own darknet, but you will have to struggle with the lack of content
    b) you can get in touch with something over internetz so agents can as well

Only advancement over ThePirateBay is that it's not so well known. The average user doesn't pirate stuff off [include private site].
    This makes closed portals a secondary problem. First problem is where most of the revenue goes missing.
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 07-11-2008 at 02:51 AM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    you are right, but topic wasnt around whether invite section shall be much more harder to have access or not. But i agree you are right, i shall learn when to shut up or open a spam section
    This is exactly what i mean...

Yesterday your count was 701 posts and today, less than 24 hours later your posts are close to 900.

Why do you spam the board? Half of your posts are not needed + you tend to repeat yourself.

Maybe the mods should create a spam section and call it bilkenter's spam n' bits" or something like that.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by wevotedno View Post
    you are right, but topic wasnt around whether invite section shall be much more harder to have access or not. But i agree you are right, i shall learn when to shut up or open a spam section

Yesterday your count was 701 posts and today, less than 24 hours later your posts are close to 900.

Why do you spam the board? Half of your posts are not needed + you tend to repeat yourself.

Maybe the mods should create a spam section and call it bilkenter's spam n' bits" or something like that.

Why not just put him on your ignore list? Several members already have.

yo

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    personally i don't think we should have an invites section, but there you go.

Invites should be shared with people you know and like. Not random strangers who just happen to want them and have something that you want in return.

Where's the privacy in that? The whole tragic truth about private trackers is that the "private" part of it was a way to avoid detection from the riaa, mpaa and similar authorities, but if people are swapping invites and accounts willy-nilly with joe bloggs from the internetz, then that security is non-existent.

The trouble is now private trackers are seen as exclusive clubs that it's cool to be seen to be a member of. It's a long way from the original ideals of filesharing, that's for sure.
    i couldnt agree more, but and this is a big but, i hear ppl say, fst wouldnt be fst without the invites section, then i hear the staff say, we have other sections you know, but they still would never get rid of the invite section, because it does make fst what it is, like it or not. (its what gets people throgh the doors and signing up if nothing else).

The way invites should work is, get rid of the stupid lvl list, that just clouds everyone judgement anyway.

Member signs up to a private tracker (one that opens regularly) another member from another tracker, spots them and invites them to their tracker, they do well, they get invited to another tracker and so on.

So everyones invite tree on every tracker, should have the same ppl in it. (or most of the same people in it).

But what tends to happen is, once a member has got into a lvl 5 tracker or whatever, they forget all about the open trackers, so they forget thier roots. And they just invite anyone on here with a giveaway, and take ss and speed tests as gospel truths.

Then the inviter doesnt even use the account, or gets banned for cheating.

It will never change though, so we are just blowing hot air just talking about it.
    fact!
    Last edited by apextwin146; 07-11-2008 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

good to hear how can we put some on ignore 2? just curious not that i would ignore any voice or smt
    Dude also, my posts are counted 2 or 3 times. Dunno why but i havent posted 60 messages at all, at most 15 a day

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

thanx for the tip S. Done.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

good to hear how can we put some on ignore 2? just curious not that i would ignore any voice or smt
    Dude also, my posts are counted 2 or 3 times. Dunno why but i havent posted 60 messages at all, at most 15 a day

No they aren't. Look at your past posts.

You posted 78 times just yesterday.

yo

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    really? i will check them right now :S 78 is too much damn :S

in total 66
    Last edited by bilkenter; 07-11-2008 at 10:34 AM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    really? i will check them right now :S 78 is too much damn :S

in total 66
    No. It was 78.

yo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast