Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Advice for new tracker?

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Make that a fourth on the dedicated Anime site. So hard to find quality in this area (at least for me it is).
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    There's BoxTorrents, sure, but they're a bit big and public-ish for my tastes.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Agreed^^
    I try to avoid the public sites as well. If I can't find it on the sites I have or the Usenet then I go without until it shows up on one that I have.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Nowadays the only sites that take off are the ones that look very visually appealing. If you don't have an experienced coder who's willing to put in alot of personal time then i wouldn't bother making your tracker. You would also need either really good judgement or previous staff experience. If you're looking to make a dedicated tracker, I believe either an iPod or an audio book tracker could make it right now, although you will most likely need to meet ALL my previously said criteria, including Polarbear's advice on saving the $$ beforehand. Relying on your new users to donate to cover server costs in the first few months (if ever) is a mistake.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    While I agree with most of what T.S.O.L just posted the best tracker for iPod's is coming back online very soon, everything has been moved from where it was to where it is now. Nothing has been lost on the tracker. Expect to see an announcement on it very soon in the back open thread.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    The size is not the concern for me, but rather that Boxtorrents rolls over at the slightest legal threat. They do not allow uploads of material from some of the largest publishers, including ADV, CPM, and Funimation. This means that there are huge holes in the content they offer.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Xhester's Avatar Linux Lover BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    Running a tracker is A LOT of work! Ask people who have done it in sites you are a member of. My advice, create a niche for your site such as lossless indie music.
    Im agree with this, IT is not enough.
    "Software is like sex: it's better when it's free"
    Linus Torvalds

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234