Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Does Collector Mean?

ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    A collector has many trackers and don't use them. And most collectors are traders.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Some people amaze me here as reading this I must be a collector as some sites I am on I have not used fully in a while and only get things from now and then, yet I only give invites to good friends and have never and will never trade an account.
    Would you consider the owners of mid/hi end trackers collectors if they where on all other mid/hi end trackers? Probable not you would just say they are friends as they all in same group of hi end trackers.
    I also would like to know why some trackers are thought to be so important to people when at the end of the day they have pretty much the same content as a lot of other trackers. In some case if it ain't on the other lower end trackers it tends to trickle down to them and every body gets it any way
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    It could be the:

3rd Option: Someone who signs up to various trackers for trading whenever it's convenient
    4rth Option: Someone who signs up to various trackers purely for their bittorrent status
    Note that a collector doesn't necessarily have to sign up to become a collector...it could include traded invites or accounts, or even legitimately recieved invites.
    Both of your options could fit into my 2nd option

Yeah, I was trying to be short in the meanings, but sign ups could include sign ups through invites (traded or not traded).
    I edit my original post to be more precise about the definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
    Did anyone experience De-Javu regularly as a kid ? I did
    You are probably referring to this thread: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ector-303527/?

I've started this thread since that one is pointless and answers can be very subjective. The title of that thread simply says: You are collector if you are a member of a certain number of trackers. So, what is that number?
    It doesn't define the term collector, and the answer varies according to each user. That's why I started this thread, asking people to define the term, not only by the number of trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    its not so hard to understand ....

someone who joins invite/signup to every tracker ( usually higher levels ) and dont use those tracker at all . and in short : someone that has a lot of sites but dont really use them .
    Good. My 2nd options could fit into this definition . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by invadercat View Post
    a collector is someone who create accounts in trackers for other purposes than actually using it. simple enough.

I really like this definition . So, a collector could be a trader but not necessarily. It's a very concise definition and it can't fit into any of my options . Thanks
    Last edited by walkman79; 07-16-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Yeah!, good one dunson lol

Conclusion ?:
    A collector is someone who joins to every tracker he can and usually prefers higher levels, he is always looking for invites and sites open for singups, but he really doesn't use most of his trackers or just keep a minimum activity on them.

In this definition a collector could be a trader but not necessarily, he also could also be an anti-trader who takes care of some accounts but doesn't give a damn about others. A collector could also be that scum who doesn't care about community and sells invites and accounts on ebay. That is, collector is not an insult after all.
    Last edited by walkman79; 07-16-2008 at 04:32 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Collecting is very funny, and competitive, and addictive. Im not a collector, though.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Member BT Rep: +2
    Last edited by xtonart; 01-22-2016 at 11:54 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Damn dunson now THAT'S a collection. rofl
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    No, this is.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    No, this is.

I stand corrected...lmao dayum
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast