Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "phantom"

Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@18 August 2003 - 01:15
    i dont think so

did u watch videoclips u find it more usefull there is 24hrs open fast boradband connection included with it(i think so) watch video clip ul see that

and its 3MHz not 3GB
    i dont think so u moron do u know how much it would cost to run something fast enough to download huge files of games for every little 8 year old spioled kid to have one? they would be loosing alot more money then they ever would make by doing that also wow a P4 3Mhz processor? that must be the slowest game console ever created dont be a moron they said 3Ghz processor like it means something its just a computer in a horizontal box. my computer case looks better and its already here i dont got to wait 2 months to get one. what a bunch of second rate loosers would revamp an X-Box i dont the devs burn in hell for this shitty idea. oh yeah and i watched that video it didn't say anywhere in there about free DSL it just said an always on Broadband Device do u know what they mean? an always on Lan connector so u can turn off the main power of ur console but leave ur internet connection on to download those huge ass files all night long wow seems like alot of fun.

2. Games   -   #12
    "most powerful counsel"

got to be handy for the americans in this riaa time...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Games   -   #13
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Penis Monkey@18 August 2003 - 14:30

and its 3MHz not 3GB

3MHz
    Don&#39;t you mean
    3GHz?

If it were 3MHz, it would be totally shite. How would you expect to play games with a 3MHz processor?
    [/quote]
    ma mistake its 3GHZ

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Games   -   #14
    who made this console?Sony,nintendo,microsoft have been out for years but this is a make i seem to never have ever come across

5. Games   -   #15
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    It doesnt matter how good the hardware is, if there arent any good games its absolutely useless.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. Games   -   #16
    not many people are gonna buy this (due to it being around &#036;700) so it will flop within the first year

7. Games   -   #17
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@18 August 2003 - 01:21
    theyr not idot to spend lots of money so the consual will be flop only announcing this consual in "Tokyo game show" its big thing
    companies do spend millions of dollars creating consoles that flop, and i&#39;m sure none of them consider themselves idiots either.

3DO sounded like a great idea on paper-- wow, a console that plays movies and interactive multimedia stuff... it&#39;s like an all-in-one entertainment appliance&#33; FLOPPED.

Philips CD-I... similar idea to 3DO. FLOPPED.

Atari Jaguar... from the company that had once dominated the home video game industry with their 2600. how could they go wrong? FLOPPED. also see: Atari Lynx. several years of poor hardware sales and poor corporate management killed Atari.

Neo Geo Pocket... FLOPPED. just another technically superior portable that couldn&#39;t even start to make a dent in the GameBoy monopoly. i think SNK basically went out of business shortly after they discontinued the Neo Geo Pocket.

Sega decided that their popular Genesis console would be even better if they introduced expansion gear like 32X and Sega CD which would essentially turn Genesis into a whole new system. FLOPPED. also see: Game Gear, Saturn, and (to a lesser extent) Dreamcast. several years of poor hardware sales nearly destroyed Sega.

Indrema... it uses PC parts and a Nvidia GPU, and best of all it runs on Linux&#33; hooray for open source. why wouldn&#39;t people want to buy a next generation console that can run Tux Racer? FLOPPED. it couldn&#39;t even get enough investment money to complete its development.

just because some little company comes out of nowhere with a totally hare-brained idea, and they talk a lot of hype about how revolutionary they are (and maybe they even convince some gullible investors to give them money), it doesn&#39;t mean they know what they&#39;re doing. and even if they do know what they&#39;re doing, it doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re going to succeed. check the list above, and you&#39;ll see a lot of big, established companies with a lot of expertise in electronics/games (and they weren&#39;t developing products nearly as improbable as Phantom), and they still failed.

Phantom is a PC. if it ever comes out, it&#39;s probably just going to play PC games and 16 bit console emulators, and maybe some extremely crappy exclusive games. the only thing revolutionary about it is that you can&#39;t physically purchase any games. which begs the question, why did they even bother to invent this so-called "console" when they could have just started a subscription-based game-downloading service for PCs??? they&#39;d prolly make just as much money (or lose just as much), without having to go through the trouble of marketing any hardware.

8. Games   -   #18
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    this might be a good idea if the player can&#39;t find a good computer 4 less than &#036;1000. But i can. My comp specs are way better than this, just need a wireless controller and i have a way better system than this. but the key is that my system is only &#036;646 without shipping&#33;&#33;

9. Games   -   #19
    Originally posted by Benno@18 August 2003 - 11:54
    It doesnt matter how good the hardware is, if there arent any good games its absolutely useless.
    it says that it supports pc games so it must have more games on it already than any other console.

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    No one is going to buy a &#036;700 game console. Plenty of people will buy a &#036;700 PC designed for gaming, though. They&#39;re making a huge marketing mistake by calling it a console.

Other than that, 256MB of RAM is lame for something claiming to be a "next-generation", "high-octane" system.

This thing will be dead before release...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast